Genesis GV70 Forum & GV80 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently purchased the Prestige Version of the GV80 with the much touted 21 speaker Premium Audio System and so far I have been utterly underwhelmed and wonder if there is something wrong? Everything I read is heaping praise on this Audio System and my experience is nothing of the sort. I have owned plenty of really nice audio systems including my last vehicle a Lincoln Nautilus with the Revel Ultima System which was one the nicest I have ever owned. I use the same audio files on my USB drive which are high quality recordings. The system is dull, lifeless, muddled, narrow sound stage in all three modes, and I have to turn the treble to 10 to get any kind of crispness whatsoever. I do see all the speakers in the system, but could something else be amiss? Amplifier problems? Speaker issues? This can't be right can it? I did buy this from a dealer brand new from out of state as there were none of the Prestige models to be had anywhere near me. I love the car otherwise, but this is such a let down as quality Audio is and has always been high on my list for any vehicle I have owned. Any thoughts.

·
Registered
2021 GV80 Prestige
33 Posts
I have recently purchased the Prestige Version of the GV80 with the much touted 21 speaker Premium Audio System and so far I have been utterly underwhelmed and wonder if there is something wrong? Everything I read is heaping praise on this Audio System and my experience is nothing of the sort. I have owned plenty of really nice audio systems including my last vehicle a Lincoln Nautilus with the Revel Ultima System which was one the nicest I have ever owned. I use the same audio files on my USB drive which are high quality recordings. The system is dull, lifeless, muddled, narrow sound stage in all three modes, and I have to turn the treble to 10 to get any kind of crispness whatsoever. I do see all the speakers in the system, but could something else be amiss? Amplifier problems? Speaker issues? This can't be right can it? I did buy this from a dealer brand new from out of state as there were none of the Prestige models to be had anywhere near me. I love the car otherwise, but this is such a let down as quality Audio is and has always been high on my list for any vehicle I have owned. Any thoughts.
I have the Prestige as well and so far the Lexicon system has been top notch when using the usb connection (via android auto). I use deezer to download hq audio files and the system sounds great, great bass, clear highs good separation - all using default eq settings. I will admit the Bluetooth stream was a little underwhelming compared to direct usb connection, but that is understandable due to the amount of compression BT uses. Hopefully you can find a local car to compare it too as it certainly sounds like something is amiss with your system

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the Prestige as well and so far the Lexicon system has been top notch when using the usb connection (via android auto). I use deezer to download hq audio files and the system sounds great, great bass, clear highs good separation - all using default eq settings. I will admit the Bluetooth stream was a little underwhelming compared to direct usb connection, but that is understandable due to the amount of compression BT uses. Hopefully you can find a local car to compare it too as it certainly sounds like something is amiss with your system
Wow, then yes, something is definitely not right!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm having doubts as well about the Prestige audio. Weak base and not overly crisp, IMO. Not sure what if anything can be done? It is what it is. When purchased the salesmen set the base on max and treble 3/4's to pump up the sound. I've played with the setting but improvements are incremental.
PS: I have the gv70

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have loved the GV80 prestige sound system. You canmake manual adjustments to the subwoofer and bass/midrange/treble levels to adjust to what you like listening to. Whether it is digital media or SXM channels, my sound seems exceptional to my prior Acura MDX.

·
Registered
2021 GV80 Prestige
33 Posts
I have loved the GV80 prestige sound system. You canmake manual adjustments to the subwoofer and bass/midrange/treble levels to adjust to what you like listening to. Whether it is digital media or SXM channels, my sound seems exceptional to my prior Acura MDX.
@Fast Freddie You can make adjustments for subwoofer? Can you explain how? I think the bass in my GV80 is really good, but would be nice to play around with separate subwoofer settings

·
Registered
2021 GV80 Prestige
33 Posts
Start with this:
Thanks, but I still did not see subwoofer specific settings. I have the EQ/tone page, but nothing specific to the subwoofer. Also, its interesting that I do not have all the options that are shown in this video, for example the Nav->Display->Information option does not exist at all, nor the "Route Guide Lines" option. Kinda weird since I am at the latest software updated (11/8/21 version). And I do have the 3.5 Prestige package

1 - 8 of 8 Posts