Genesis GV Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not exactly sure when the problem 'popped' up but the driver's seat feels as if I'm sitting on half of a softball. It seems to have come on after inflating the seat air support and then engaging the massage feature; however, what ever caused this problem (which is especially uncomfortable for men) the only suggestion I can offer is to check out "Balance Pads" on Amazon and order one that looks good. Although the balance pad shown in my GV-80 is extremely comfortable, it's too big and makes getting in, a real PIA. Having spent over $82k, I certainly did not expect this!

Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle Car seat cover Car

· Registered
7 Posts
The small button that controls the seat thigh extension when pushed forward/back also controls the seat bottoms firmness when pushed up/down. I keep it all the way down. It doesn't make the seat a barco lounger but the difference is noticeable.

· Registered
7 Posts
Love the reference to, "a barco lounger"! I'll retract the seat extension but my 33" inseam legs will not be happy...hopefully my butt will be happy! Thanks for sending-
You can keep the seat thigh extension extended if you want and also make the seat as soft as possible, they are separate adjustments. Forward/back for thigh extension and up/down for seat firmness.

· Registered
1 Posts
You can keep the seat thigh extension extended if you want and also make the seat as soft as possible, they are separate adjustments. Forward/back for thigh extension and up/down for seat firmness.r
I must agree. The driver's seat in my 2023 GV80 Prestige 2.5 is uncomfortable no matter how the adjustments are set. It is what it is. :(

· Premium Member
19 Posts
Same seat firmness issue. In addition, occasionally while I'm driving, my profile not my wife's, the bolsters and massage feature activate. It startled me at first, but now I'm used to it...:oops::rolleyes:🤷‍♂️
I guess I'll wait to see if Genesis does something about the seat issue, maybe their related.

· Registered
1 Posts
Same seat firmness issue. In addition, occasionally while I'm driving, my profile not my wife's, the bolsters and massage feature activate. It startled me at first, but now I'm used to it...:oops::rolleyes:🤷‍♂️
I guess I'll wait to see if Genesis does something about the seat issue, maybe their related.
check your profile under Setup>Vehicle Settings>Seat>Ergo-Motion Seat>Posture Assist. It may be activated, and in your wife's profile not activated.

· Registered
62 Posts
The problem is with the mechanism that does the massage feature. They are not retracting properly after you disengage them. Genesis is aware of the problem. My G 80 is the same.
I have a GV70 with the same seat problem.
I have an open issue with Genesis re: camera alignment and/or camera lens defect issues.
They are aware, but doing nothing - which is becoming frighteningly typical with them.
I don't even want to bring up the seat issue, as uncomfortable as it is....
Reason?
My car has been at the dealer going on 5 weeks for: service, 360 camera issue and a tiny part that needs painting....
I'm sure it'll be 6 months for the seat issue for them to find nothing.

I will say, however, that my experience with corporate and my dealer(s) have been great.
In fact, much better than my experiences with Audi/Mercedes in past.

· Registered
5 Posts
I purchased this cushion on Amazon. It’s thin, very comfortable and since it is a honeycomb design, the ventilated seats work great.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts