Genesis GV70 Forum & GV80 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another random thought that came to my mind recently. Has anyone considered debadging their GV80 to give it a more clean look? For anyone that's done it on their GV80 or another car is it easy to do or is difficult?

·
Registered
569 Posts
It's the exact same size as the one on the front. I recently bought one from the Genesis Store. As soon as I debadge and apply it I'll post pictures.
Can't wait!
Are you keeping the badge in its original finish or planning to tint, plasti-dip, etc.?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Another random thought that came to my mind recently. Has anyone considered debadging their GV80 to give it a more clean look? For anyone that's done it on their GV80 or another car is it easy to do or is difficult?
I'm actually thinking about putting the Genesis wings emblem on the back hatch lid in that panel with the open area just below the rear wiper blade. I think it'll add a touch of class to the rear. That being said "beauty is in the eye of the beholder".

Thoughts anyone?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Anyone looking to replace the Genesis lettering with an emblem like what's on the front end?
I'm thinking of leaving the Genesis lettering intact just as it is but adding the Genesis wings badge on the open panel on the rear deck lid just below the rear wiper blade.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I tried my best to photoshop what the GV80 rear looks like debadged and with the Genesis wings on 😅.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I think that's what @smiley47 is doing with their GV80.
I thought he was going to take the Genesis letters off and put the wing logo there. I was thinking about leaving the Genesis letters there and placing the wings on the empty panel just above the letters, just below the rear wiper arm there's an empty panel with nothing on it, thought it would look good there.

·
Registered
450 Posts
What's your thoughts after photo shopping to get an idea? Do you like it?
I was thinking something a little different. Leaving the Genesis letters there and putting the wing logo on the empty panel just below the wiper arm.
I don't think removing the emblems and leaving it bare is the way to go because there's so much empty space. You realize how much the lettering works with wrapping the bodylines and the lights around the back of the GV80. I think the wings would look just as good as the lettering.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Well I finally got around to getting this done , a whole 30 minute job. I think it turned out pretty good I just wish a slightly larger wing was available from the Genesis store.
Looking forward to seeing a picture!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Very nice! Looks sharp!
I stopped by my Genesis dealer today to order the wings logo. The parts manager printed the piece out for me and showed me that it has a pin that goes through a hole. There's no way I'm drilling a hole in the hatchback panel. Did you break the pin off and use double sided tape to fasten it? Did you order your wings logo through Genesis?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts