Genesis GV70 Forum & GV80 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Very nice! Looks sharp!
I stopped by my Genesis dealer today to order the wings logo. The parts manager printed the piece out for me and showed me that it has a pin that goes through a hole. There's no way I'm drilling a hole in the hatchback panel. Did you break the pin off and use double sided tape to fasten it? Did you order your wings logo through Genesis?
Mine had two "pins" as well. Those are little nubs that are hard plastic. Just use a dremel and take them off in a couple of seconds. I bought mine through the Genesis store.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Mine had two "pins" as well. Those are little nubs that are hard plastic. Just use a dremel and take them off in a couple of seconds. I bought mine through the Genesis store.
Is the emblem made of plastic? I thought it was chrome. Did it come with double sided tape adhesive? I'm considering substituting with a GV70 wings emblem on the back because it's slightly smaller than the GV80's as I want to place the wings on the panel just below the rear wiper blade that has nothing on it (and leave the GENESIS letters on).

·
Registered
64 Posts
Is the emblem made of plastic? I thought it was chrome. Did it come with double sided tape adhesive? I'm considering substituting with a GV70 wings emblem on the back because it's slightly smaller than the GV80's as I want to place the wings on the panel just below the rear wiper blade that has nothing on it (and leave the GENESIS letters on).
The emblem is some type of metal, only the "nubs" on the back are hard plastic which you'll have to grind off. Yes, it has 3M double sided adhesive tape already attached to the wing. The wing I purchased from the Genesis Store is identical to the one on the GV80 hood.

·
Registered
289 Posts
The emblem is some type of metal, only the "nubs" on the back are hard plastic which you'll have to grind off. Yes, it has 3M double sided adhesive tape already attached to the wing. The wing I purchased from the Genesis Store is identical to the one on the GV80 hood.
Excellent, it already has the 3M double sided tape! Thanks!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Looks great @smiley47! How was it to take the "GENESIS" emblem off the back?
Thanks. I used a hair dryer to heat up 3 o4 4 letters at a time then used fishing line in a sawing motion. they almost jump right off. Then warm up the last few letters , same program. then some Goo-Gone and a little elbow grease and it's clean as a whistle. You'll be surprised how little time it takes.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Thanks. I used a hair dryer to heat up 3 o4 4 letters at a time then used fishing line in a sawing motion. they almost jump right off. Then warm up the last few letters , same program. then some Goo-Gone and a little elbow grease and it's clean as a whistle. You'll be surprised how little time it takes.
That's good to know I didn't realize it was so straight forward.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Looks great...How did you have them removed? Any touchup needed?
Just a little heat from a hair dryer then use fishing line or dental floss to get under a corner and use a back and forth sawing motion until it comes off. I used a little Goo-Gone to remove any excess glue that didn't come off with the insignia. Easy-peasy.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Just a little heat from a hair dryer then use fishing line or dental floss to get under a corner and use a back and forth sawing motion until it comes off. I used a little Goo-Gone to remove any excess glue that didn't come off with the insignia. Easy-peasy.
Is the Genesis wing emblem completely flat? I want to install the wing emblem on the panel just below the rear wiper blade. That panel is completely flat so the emblem would also have to be completely flat. As I look at the emblem on the front of the car there looks to be possibly a slight curve to the piece it rests on?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Is the Genesis wing emblem completely flat? I want to install the wing emblem on the panel just below the rear wiper blade. That panel is completely flat so the emblem would also have to be completely flat. As I look at the emblem on the front of the car there looks to be possibly a slight curve to the piece it rests on?
The wing I purchased from the Genesis Store is flat AFTER you grind the two plastic nubs off the back. This is easily done with a dremel or some other grinding tool.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Thanks much! I'll try that technique.....I can move them slightly, and I can see adhesive behind them. Goo- Gones a little scary though...Didn't dull the paint?

·
Registered
289 Posts
The wing I purchased from the Genesis Store is flat AFTER you grind the two plastic nubs off the back. This is easily done with a dremel or some other grinding tool.
Thanks, I'm going to order one up today...

·
Registered
289 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if Genesis places the wing emblem on future '22 GV80's where I placed mine on the hatchback.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts