Genesis GV70 Forum & GV80 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What modifications will make the most out of your GV70?

This rendering shows a great way to go about it with big aftermarket wheels, lower suspension setup and a blacked out grille.
Automotive design Vehicle Land vehicle Alloy wheel Rim

·
Registered
506 Posts
What modifications will make the most out of your GV70?

This rendering shows a great way to go about it with big aftermarket wheels, lower suspension setup and a blacked out grille.
View attachment 1286
There should be a lot of GV70's with aftermarket wheels. But instead of being lifted my guess is that they'll be lowered since it's the sportier version. I can also see people fiddling with the exhausts as well.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Aesthetically:
-Larger wheels, I wouldn't want to mess around too much with the adaptive suspension, so larger wheels will give it a lower look perhaps.
-Slotted rotors.
-Chrome delete.
-Wrap in certain areas.

Performance:
-JB4 will have a tuner at some point for the 3.5T - tried and true with other KDM vehicles, I use it on my Stinger. Safe and noticeable difference with several MAPs
-Cold air intakes - also have those on my Stinger, sound awesome with spool and woosh.
-Catless secondary down pipes, done on my Stinger - assuming the 3.5T has primary AND secondary cats, like the 3.3T does.
-FMIC - bigger intercooler - did it on my stinger - although stock is probably good enough.
-Oil catch can - prolong engine life.
-Catback exhaust.

I think if this community goes the direction of the Stinger and G70, these will be the most common improvements. Don't don't think there will be much suspension tweaking because I'm guessing it's pretty complicated.

Can't wait to get one of these bad boys! The Stinger gave my that taste of power and little bit of luxury. The GV70 Sport will probably be very similar power wise, buy leagues ahead in luxury. I'd stick with the Stinger, but moved to a house with a sketchy driveway, which makes getting my lowered Stinger a PITA to get out of the garage and to the street.

·
Registered
506 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Aesthetically:
-Larger wheels, I wouldn't want to mess around too much with the adaptive suspension, so larger wheels will give it a lower look perhaps.
-Slotted rotors.
-Chrome delete.
-Wrap in certain areas.

Performance:
-JB4 will have a tuner at some point for the 3.5T - tried and true with other KDM vehicles, I use it on my Stinger. Safe and noticeable difference with several MAPs
-Cold air intakes - also have those on my Stinger, sound awesome with spool and woosh.
-Catless secondary down pipes, done on my Stinger - assuming the 3.5T has primary AND secondary cats, like the 3.3T does.
-FMIC - bigger intercooler - did it on my stinger - although stock is probably good enough.
-Catback exhaust.

I think if this community goes the direction of the Stinger and G70, these will be the most common improvements. Don't don't think there will be much suspension tweaking because I'm guessing it's pretty complicated.

Can't wait to get one of these bad boys! The Stinger gave my that taste of power and little bit of luxury. The GV70 Sport will probably be very similar power wise, buy leagues ahead in luxury. I'd stick with the Stinger, but moved to a house with a sketchy driveway, which makes getting my lowered Stinger a PITA to get out of the garage and to the street.
JB4 for sure! How much of an increase in power and torque would you be after?

A 3.3T Stinger with it produced 462 to the wheel, about 100 more than the GV70.

·
Registered
25 Posts
JB4 for sure! How much of an increase in power and torque would you be after?

A 3.3T Stinger with it produced 462 to the wheel, about 100 more than the GV70.
View attachment 1935
I'm guessing that Stinger had either WMI or some other special fuel (E-30), and lots of other supporting mods. JB4 Map 3 should be decent, that's the 93 octane map, Map 2 would be 91. - Can't get 93 everywhere. Also, without the baseline, this report is kind of pointless. Every dyno and car are different with baselines. Eitherway, I think the most I'd do to the GV70 aside from anything cosmetic would just be JB4 and CAI's. If you stick with pump fuel and do CAI's, it might add 20-30HP and some torque on Map 2.
Wouldn't mess with the suspension since it's got all that fancy stuff going on.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Aesthetically:
-Slotted rotors.
-Chrome delete.
-Wrap in certain areas.

Performance:
-Catback exhaust.

Should not an oil "catch can" as the 3.5 twin turbo has dual port injectors. I also had a Stinger 3.3 GT1 but injured my back badly so could not sit that low. I now have the GV70 Sport Prestige 3.5. Loving it. Great vehicle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts