Genesis GV Forums banner

Cardiff Green in the Snow

5K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  AJB 
#1 ·
My Cardiff Green (Smokey green/ Maroon Brown) arrived last Thursday, just ahead of the polar vortex. The color really pops in the snow, thought I’d show off a few pics:

See less See more
#5 ·
GenesisFan, I found the Cardiff Green thread and will post there as well. My main other consideration was the X5. I might have liked the X5’s driving dynamics just a bit more, but I far prefer the interior/exterior of the Genesis. Plus my last BMW was constantly in the shop, so I questioned if I should ever do business with BMW again.

Tronno, it seemed to handle fine in the snow. There is an HTRAC option that splits the drive evenly between the 4 wheels and I tried that. But I didn’t drive very far or fast, given I’d just picked it up a few days ago.

#10 ·
Yes, I don’t recall such a lingering snow storm in Texas, of course much of the country is experiencing the same.
The interior is maroon brown /Smokey green (which looks more like dark gray to me). These pics were first posted by someone else, I think they capture the color well:

#13 · (Edited)
Thanks folks. I like the quilting on the seats as well, had trouble choosing between Cardiff Green/Maroon Brown/Smokey Green and Adriatic Blue/Ultramarine Blue/Dune. I still like both combinations, I suppose having 2 GV80s would be unreasonable. Took her when I got a hair cut today, in this light a bit warmer green:

#14 ·
Gorgeous!!! I also have your 22” wheels with electronic suspension, but we have yet to take it to the mountains for some skiing. How does your GV80 handle in the snow/ice? Did you need to use the 50-50 transmission (“lock” button) and/or the electronic limited slip differential (“traction” button), or did the AWD system perform just fine without these settings?

#15 ·
Hi Xavier, the GV80 seemed very good in the snow with its default setting, which I believe is 70-30 front/rear drive. I did try the Lock button for a bit, but I think I read that you shouldn’t exceed 25 mph while using it, so I didn’t have it for long...it wasn’t necessary for my drives. I didn’t realize that traction was limited slip, thanks for the info, I’ll have to try it sometime! The car was brand new and I questioned even driving it during the polar vortex, but I’d waited 4 months for it and couldn’t resist. Hope you have a great trip to the mountains with your GV80.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.