Genesis GV70 Forum & GV80 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a deposit down on an Uyuni White Presitge with Black interior and love the look inside and out....except all the Chrome on the exterior. Is anyone considering doing something about all the chrome? Whether that is to make it black gloss and give it a “black optic” look like Audi does with the Q7 or putting on Xpel stealth to give the chrome a more matte/satin look to it?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a deposit down on an Uyuni White Presitge with Black interior and love the look inside and out....except all the Chrome on the exterior. Is anyone considering doing something about all the chrome? Whether that is to make it black gloss and give it a “black optic” look like Audi does with the Q7 or putting on Xpel stealth to give the chrome a more matte/satin look to it?
I've placed an order. If I should get such, I'm seriously thinking about blacking out the chrome with black gloss. IMO, there's just too much chrome for my taste.

·
Registered
2021 GV80 Prestige Vik black
119 Posts
A ton of chrome everywhere on the car, wayyyy too much chrome to hide or wrap. I thought about blacking it out, but I ended up realizing it's just too much. However, I tinted the taillights which looks really good

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've placed an order. If I should get such, I'm seriously thinking about blacking out the chrome with black gloss. IMO, there's just too much chrome for my taste.
I totally agree WAYYYYYY to much Chrome. I was going to wrapt the chrome and tint the tail lights!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Why do you say its too much to wrap? you don't think it would look right?
A ton of chrome everywhere on the car, wayyyy too much chrome to hide or wrap. I thought about blacking it out, but I ended up realizing it's just too much. However, I tinted the taillights which looks really good View attachment 1184
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
2021 GV80 Prestige Vik black
119 Posts
Why do you say its too much to wrap? you don't think it would look right?
A ton of chrome everywhere on the car, wayyyy too much chrome to hide or wrap. I thought about blacking it out, but I ended up realizing it's just too much. However, I tinted the taillights which looks really good View attachment 1184
I personally like the blackout look, but chrome is considered part of the luxury theme of this car. In this case the GV80 has so many chrome pieces and trim that to black it all out seems a daunting overwhelming process.

·
Registered
4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hey Gen1GV80- I agree - Too much chrome ! I followed your suggestion and pulled ALL the Rear badging off the car (myself with dental floss ) 2 days before I had my Green Cardiff - Gtechnique coated and Clear bra filmed . I haven't yet tinted the windows or rear lenses ... - That's for next summer !

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am waiting for delivery for my GV80 prestige Cardiff green - my plan is to DIY Xpel stealth to make it looks matte green and chrome delete using hyper dip satin black. Will dip yellow brake callipers I will post pictures once complete :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey Gen1GV80- I agree - Too much chrome ! I followed your suggestion and pulled ALL the Rear badging off the car (myself with dental floss ) 2 days before I had my Green Cardiff - Gtechnique coated and Clear bra filmed . I haven't yet tinted the windows or rear lenses ... - That's for next summer !
thats awesome - happy to share some pictures ??

·
Registered
4 Posts
I like it. Can you post another picture with it outside with different angles? I'm thinking about doing this when I get mine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Grille

Here is a pic of my chrome delete. Color match all around except front grill. Did cover the lower chrome trim of the grill.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts