1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
58 Posts
Diversity is the best play here and I agree with the article that they should also consider a turbocharged 4 cylinder. Acura has managed to get almost 300hp and torque out of the new 2.0l in the RDX.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I was hoping for a V8 because even in 2019 Lexus has plans to develop a new small V8 to both comply with emissions and please enthusiasts. Hyundai/Genesis can learn from that.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not a huge fan of all those lower displacement turbos that are flooding the segment. I guess it would be okay so long as they can keep lag to a minimum. I've seen complaints about poor acceleration in the new RDX.

·
Registered
58 Posts
It would make more sense to me to give it some electrically assisted power instead. Genesis has been quiet about electrification, but Hyundai already has a lot of hybrid models in their stable. There's a bunch of full EV SUV's coming by 2020, so the quicker they can bring something to market, the better.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I heard that Mercedes, BMW and even Lexus have plans for EV CUV's which should also be in Genesis' plans for the future, the GV80 is a start but they'll need something smaller.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hopefully the new G70 and refreshed G80 can serve as a launching point for them to expand their portfolio. With crossovers accounting for so much of sales, models above and beneath the GV80 could become their bread and butter.

·
Registered
169 Posts
its why I see crossovers/cuv's/suv's as the next step because if Genesis misses out on what BMW/Audi/Mercedes/and even Lexus is capitalizing on they'll regret it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I think expansion to their lineup will be slow, but they are probably done with sedans for now, since they have the G70 G80 and G90. There have already been reports of two SUV's coming to market by 2020 with a third joining a year later.

·
Registered
169 Posts
New G80 rides on a new platform which makes me believe we'll see faster launch of more models because if Genesis doesn't its a lot of money wasted.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts