Genesis GV70 Forum & GV80 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to get a genesis gv80--will probably wait until 2022 comes out soon. The one dealer I went to wanted thousands above sticker on a 2021. Are there any dealerships people have dealt with in Northern Illinois that are not trying to markup above sticker? Will not pay a penny above sticker on principal alone. Never did I think haggling would start thousands above sticker....

·
Registered
37 Posts
Looking to get a genesis gv80--will probably wait until 2022 comes out soon. The one dealer I went to wanted thousands above sticker on a 2021. Are there any dealerships people have dealt with in Northern Illinois that are not trying to markup above sticker? Will not pay a penny above sticker on principal alone. Never did I think haggling would start thousands above sticker....
I'm in Chicagoland and traveled to STL to buy my GV80 at a substantial discount, although that was 6 months ago. Like you, the couple of Chicagoland dealers I talked to were asking dealer markup at the time. I'd advise you to cast a wider net.

Not sure what engine/trim/color you're looking for, but Genesis of Hazelwood (STL) has an Advanced w/ the rare and highly desirable blue/dune interior.

·
Registered
2021 Genesis GV80 3.5T AWD Advanced Plus
48 Posts
I traveled 75 miles to Kalamazoo, MI for mine. Paid MSRP only.
That would be less than 2 hours for you via I94.
They have a Blue/Dune Prestige in stock that may not last the day.
Ask for Phil Lawrence.

·
Registered
2021 GV80 Prestige
8 Posts
Here in northern/central CA, all the dealers seems to be adding $10k to msrp (3.5 Prestige Green/Green model)... I had to travel about 100 miles to get mine at msrp. They too had it at $10k over asking but I negotiated down to msrp

·
Registered
31 Posts
When the GV80 was first announced, I put hold to purchase requests out to three W/SW suburban dealerships. Only one, Pugi in Downers Grove, followed through. They contacted me before the truck arrived and gave me the pick of the lot. The others either forgot about me, or failed to return my calls. As far as mark-up goes, I would do a wide search as vehicle inventory and availability is next to zero, and some dealers are desperate about making money any way the can.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got a call from a dealer this week saying they have information on 2022 models--that you can "order" one. I'm skeptical considering everyone posts you can't order anything. Hopefully this works out. I'll give Pugi a try also.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts