Genesis GV70 Forum & GV80 Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
I finally got to test drive a prestige gv80 yesterday in Naples Florida.
I was extremely impressed by the looks both interior and exterior.
I only had about 30 minutes inside the car by myself here's what I noted my brief time with the vehicle.
Pros-gorgeous fit and finish on the interior. Quiet comfortable ride on those 22-in tires. Excellent handling. Something not talked about much in any review I've seen is the autonomous driving mode. Turn this on by accident and was pleasantly surprised at the vehicle will stay perfectly in a well-marked lane and adjust its speed based on traffic. It's not going to drive you from destination to destination moving in and out of traffic but it will keep you in your lane on the highway hands-free. Also got to try out the self parking mode outside of the car very slow doubtful I would ever use it but pretty cool.
Cons-not a lot of storage space inside the vehicle besides the rear cargo area.While the pickup and acceleration torque are good. There's definitely a lag for the turbo when you punch it.
The heads up display is surprisingly low resolution compared to my BMW750. Infotainment Center is going going to require a fair amount of learning not super intuitive. As stated in multiple reviews the control dial would be better served to actually be a dial that you could grab rather than pressing down and moving with your fingertips in my opinion. I didn't think the digital 3D gauge was all the hype that I've heard from many of the reviewers. But I drove it during the day so maybe at night it's effects are more pronounced. It's a little smaller than I expected. We own a Mercedes 350 and I would say it's similarly sized but feels smaller I'm guessing because of the larger center console. I'm 6'2 and about 225 lb found it to be extremely comfortable.
Overall super impressed . And quite excited to own.
Mine will be delivered this week and I'll pick it up when I return from vacation.
So glad they are finally allowing people to test drive them. I don’t think you can do that here still. Just not enough of them here yet.

It’s possible the heads up was positioned too low for you as mine is crystal clear and hovers at the front of the hood.

The 3D cluster needs to be able to see your eyes with the two infrared dots at the top of the screen, if the steering wheel was blocking that it’s possible you were viewing it in 2D mode as mine is very distinctively 3D.

Congrats on the new purchase you will love it I’m sure. Beautiful car by the way.

·
Registered
17 Posts
That is absolutely very possible on the steering wheel blocking my eyes and the heads up display.
Thanks I'll check it out.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Oh one other thing, if you are wearing polarized sunglasses it will block the heads up display, you need non-polarized sun glasses. I did a write up of my trip this weekend at this link...

·
Registered
2021 GV80 Prestige Vik black
119 Posts
I finally got to test drive a prestige gv80 yesterday in Naples Florida.
I was extremely impressed by the looks both interior and exterior.
I only had about 30 minutes inside the car by myself here's what I noted my brief time with the vehicle.
Pros-gorgeous fit and finish on the interior. Quiet comfortable ride on those 22-in tires. Excellent handling. Something not talked about much in any review I've seen is the autonomous driving mode. Turn this on by accident and was pleasantly surprised at the vehicle will stay perfectly in a well-marked lane and adjust its speed based on traffic. It's not going to drive you from destination to destination moving in and out of traffic but it will keep you in your lane on the highway hands-free. Also got to try out the self parking mode outside of the car very slow doubtful I would ever use it but pretty cool.
Cons-not a lot of storage space inside the vehicle besides the rear cargo area.While the pickup and acceleration torque are good. There's definitely a lag for the turbo when you punch it.
The heads up display is surprisingly low resolution compared to my BMW750. Infotainment Center is going going to require a fair amount of learning not super intuitive. As stated in multiple reviews the control dial would be better served to actually be a dial that you could grab rather than pressing down and moving with your fingertips in my opinion. I didn't think the digital 3D gauge was all the hype that I've heard from many of the reviewers. But I drove it during the day so maybe at night it's effects are more pronounced. It's a little smaller than I expected. We own a Mercedes 350 and I would say it's similarly sized but feels smaller I'm guessing because of the larger center console. I'm 6'2 and about 225 lb found it to be extremely comfortable.
Overall super impressed . And quite excited to own.
Mine will be delivered this week and I'll pick it up when I return from vacation.
Good review, you reminded me about the awful turbo lag, and although the GV80 is wider, my Nissan Rogue has more cargo room, better rear cargo system, and twice the gas mileage

·
Registered
3 Posts
Here is the price and the list of GLE options which are equivalent to the GV80 prestige package:
1. GLE 450 $62500
2. Color $720 (GV80 charges $500)
3. Wheels 21in $1000 (Note: GLE requires air suspension for 22in wheels)
4. AMG line exterior $3250 (GLE requires to upgrade the 21 wheels)
5. Panoramic roof $1000
6. Roof spoiler $650
7. Side cladding $450
8. Black Nappa leather &2990
9. AMG line interior $400
10. Topstitched upper dash and door $350
11. Acoustic comfort pack &1100 (GV80 has similar glass and even more with RANC)
12. Premium package $1375
13. Driver assistance plus $1950
14. Exterior lighting package $900
15. Ventilated for seats $450
16. Heated 2nd row seats $580 (GV80 has heated and ventilated 2nd row seats)
17. Power 2nd row side sunshades $580
18. Soft close doors $550
19. Head-up display $1100
20. Destination charge $1050
Total is $83,295 (more than $10k compared to GV80 Prestige)

Note: GV80 has something more such as: vanity mirrors, the suede headliner, electronic slip differential (only on GLE with AMG engine) ...
I drove test both. Regarding the ride quality, GLE is softer, floatier while GV80 is firmer, sportier (could be from 22in wheels). In term of noise, they are very similar at normal speed. However, GV80 seems to have lower noise in high speed.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts