Genesis GV70 Forum & GV80 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received a warning on the dashboard in what is usually shown the RPMs or the camera view for the left and/or right directional. It happened after I was seating in my running car in Park for about a half an hour while watching the 11/8/2021 Navigation and software update happening. I received a warning saying ==> the car will shut down in... - below that it had a count down timer that had started at 28 minutes and below that it had framed the word OK and then : reset. I could or didn't know how to reset or stop the count clock.

Has anyone else seen this or know what to do.

·
Registered
2020 Genesis GV80 Sport Prestige 3.5T AWD in Vic Black with Black Interior
4 Posts
The vehicle has an idle shutdown timer. You can reset it if necessary, totally normal system function

·
Registered
2021 GV80 Prestige
33 Posts
I received a warning on the dashboard in what is usually shown the RPMs or the camera view for the left and/or right directional. It happened after I was seating in my running car in Park for about a half an hour while watching the 11/8/2021 Navigation and software update happening. I received a warning saying ==> the car will shut down in... - below that it had a count down timer that had started at 28 minutes and below that it had framed the word OK and then : reset. I could or didn't know how to reset or stop the count clock.

Has anyone else seen this or know what to do.
All you need to do is press the brake or press the roller on right side of steering wheel and it will reset. You can extend to 60 minutes in settings as well. At least that is how you reset in GV80

1 - 3 of 3 Posts