Genesis GV70 Forum & GV80 Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I personally thought they would price their vehicles more competitively.

Comparing to an Audi SQ5 or MB GLC AMG - the 3.5 top range is actually more expensive.
Fully loaded GLC 43 is almost 90k while we can get the loaded GV70 for 75k and it comes with a better looking/higher quality interior, more options overall. Also, Freight/PDI is included in the MSRP of the GV70

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I honestly don't understand the pricing strategy in Canada.

In the US it makes total sense and it is actually reasonably priced in comparison to the competition.
The 3.5T AWD Sport Prestige is priced at $62,500.
In Canada, the same spec is a whopping $75,500

Meanwhile, you can get an Audi SQ5 for under $72,000. And a Mercedes Benz AMG GLC 43 for Close to $70,000 loaded.

Doesn't make any sense - might as well get a GV80.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I went all out and ordered the 3.5T Sport Plus with a red exterior and navy blue for the interior. I actually had a call with the sales rep today and she said lease pricing will be available on the first week of June and should be able to get my car by end of June/early July
How long of a lease are you looking to get @nimasis?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I honestly don't understand the pricing strategy in Canada.

In the US it makes total sense and it is actually reasonably priced in comparison to the competition.
The 3.5T AWD Sport Prestige is priced at $62,500.
In Canada, the same spec is a whopping $75,500

Meanwhile, you can get an Audi SQ5 for under $72,000. And a Mercedes Benz AMG GLC 43 for Close to $70,000 loaded.

Doesn't make any sense - might as well get a GV80.

Just note that $62.5K US is about $75K CDN dollars so not much of a difference. I agree though seeing the $75K price tag I was rethinking if I will go with just the Sport AWD versus the Sport Plus AWD - any thoughts?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Straight up, the canadian MSRP was a bit of an unpleasant surprise. These things aren't "cheap" anymore. Was expecting maybe a $5000-$7000+ to a G70 equivalent on which GV70 is based. This would have been a better incentive as a brand conquer vehicle in such a highly contested market

And do remember anyone not ordering a top tier 3.5T is stuck with that 8" LCD display when cars in a lower market offers full digital dash (be it in their top trim too, but still lower than an entry level GV70). See new Honda Civic, VW Taos and Hyundai's own Tucson etc...

Issue with the 8" LCD isn't that its smaller. Its that it is asymetical and looks a cheap substitute. Cars such as Porsche Panamera or Cayenne have an analog tach with surrounding and equally small LCD's and effect does not look like an after thought. Or most Japanese cars have analog tach and speedo left and right pods with LCD display nestled in middle, which also looks ok

Considering both the MSRP and dash LCD issue (ordered a 2.5T Advanced Plus), had a split second of walking from the deal but a quick scan of autotrader of what is available for $60k cdn convinced otherwise. (What did everyone here cross-shop their GV70 with now that the MSRP has been released?)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had the chance to see a pre-production model in person last week.

I have to say the GV70 was much larger than we had anticipated. For context, we are coming from a Kia Stinger GT Limited, which by itself is not a small car by any means.
Here are some photos I snapped and the Brochure the Genesis brand manager provided to us electronically, here in Canada.

View attachment 1805 View attachment 1806 View attachment 1807 View attachment 1808 View attachment 1809 View attachment 1810
Looks like both of us are in a similar position. I'm from BC as well, and am looking at the GV70 to replace my 2019 Kia Stinger GT Limited. I will probably head to the dealership today to just speak to a salesman. If you're trading in your Stinger, what is your trade-in value (if you feel comfortable sharing it)? Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am in Ottawa and have my test drive scheduled for Monday, June 7.... my Genesis Experience Manager tells me he will have a list of all the GV70 currently on the boat heading to Canada and if I chose one of those I would have delivery by eoJune...
As for pricing: about where I predicted but higher than I hoped....but remember this will be fully loaded so a comparison to a base SQ5 or AMG GLC is not a valid comparison...the GLC I nearly bought was 90K and the SQ5 was 82K, so 75K all in seems better...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm in BC and the other day I went to the dealership by chance and saw 2 gv70. They were all 3.5 model though. I saw another one on the road which was different color, so I guess they have 3 unit. I messaged the dealership and they told me since these are all 3.5 models, they gonna let me know when 2.5 model is here for me to go for test drive.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My local dealership in Saskatoon has 2 demo models. I had a Stinger, traded that off on 2020 Telluride when i changed careers. After driving the GV70 I put a deposit down right away. It's a great mix of pleasurable drive dynamics utility. Hopefully I'll keep this one longer than 2 years ha.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Public service announcement. Your local Greater Toronto Area Genesis dealerships should be contacting you for testdrives this week. Only 3.5T's available for time being though.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts