Genesis GV80 Forum | Pricing, Specs & Reviews banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Coming from BMW i'm a bit skeptical about Genesis' AWD system, often upcoming brands have systems that are too biased and not balanced.

·
Registered
58 Posts
This is just another prestige that will help Genesis to better compete with German rivals. I'm not a big fan of the sensor they have tried to incorporate into the grille, as it hasn't been camouflaged very well imo.

·
Registered
268 Posts
This is just another prestige that will help Genesis to better compete with German rivals. I'm not a big fan of the sensor they have tried to incorporate into the grille, as it hasn't been camouflaged very well imo.
If you think that's bad, I suggest looking at the S-Class which should have gone far more subtle. Genesis is keeping up with everyone else.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think its acceptable for the pricing of their vehicles. As GenesisFan has said, there are much more expensive options that have equally as obvious sensors. Suppose they would lose accuracy if they put it behind the grille?

·
Registered
268 Posts
I think its acceptable for the pricing of their vehicles. As GenesisFan has said, there are much more expensive options that have equally as obvious sensors. Suppose they would lose accuracy if they put it behind the grille?
Sometimes it depends on the version of the tech being used and what agreements are in order.
Thankfully Genesis maintains elegance even with the new G80, but since production hasn't hit, take it with a grain of salt. Its all but confirmed

·
Registered
58 Posts
Both Honda and Toyota have managed to place their front sensors behind the grille/ front emblem. But upon doing some research I see that's come with some mixed results in terms of reliability.

·
Registered
268 Posts
It won't be an issue for much longer if other future EV's will be like some current versions that have a flat grille design which makes it easier to hide sensors.

That's in addition to these grilles helping for aerodynamics on vehicles that need it the most.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Genesis has been pretty quite about electrification, but Hyundai has some of the best new models currently on the market. Only a matter of time before autonomous systems work their way into the lineup.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts