Genesis GV80 Forum | Pricing, Specs & Reviews banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
This should be more reliable than AutoTrader listings which many have found to be just dealers trying to secure a deposit. Exceptions might be if they have the VIN and other very specific information to a vehicle they actually have.

·
Registered
407 Posts
This should be more reliable than AutoTrader listings which many have found to be just dealers trying to secure a deposit. Exceptions might be if they have the VIN and other very specific information to a vehicle they actually have.
Autotrader used to be my go to but it can be so unreliable.

·
Registered
8 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
I called Genesis of Denville, NJ on Tuesday and spoke to a saleswoman. She was quite honest with me and said the posting you see with GV80's is NOT factual. They don't have them on their lot and they're not on a ship being transported yet. She acknowledged they're being built at this point but she reassured me no Genesis dealer in the USA has GV80's on their lot at this point. Matter of fact the VIN numbers you see in the posting aren't even complete. I asked about an arrival date and she said she felt comfortable saying before Thanksgiving unless there's another COVID-19 surge, then all bets would be off. Keep our fingers crossed!
Check your local Genesis dealer's website. Some dealers are starting to show GV80 inventory.

View attachment 349

·
Registered
37 Posts
I called Genesis of Denville, NJ on Tuesday and spoke to a saleswoman. She was quite honest with me and said the posting you see with GV80's is NOT factual. They don't have them on their lot and they're not on a ship being transported yet. She acknowledged they're being built at this point but she reassured me no Genesis dealer in the USA has GV80's on their lot at this point. Matter of fact the VIN numbers you see in the posting aren't even complete. I asked about an arrival date and she said she felt comfortable saying before Thanksgiving unless there's another COVID-19 surge, then all bets would be off. Keep our fingers crossed!
Truthfully these salespeople don't really keep up on the information about this vehicle. I've had many conversations with many different Genesis sales people over the past 3 months. every time I spoke to somebody, they didn't know the information that I have read about the vehicle in the last week before I spoke to them.

If you do a rough calculation of how many are being made per month (2000) and how many they can ship to North America (they said most will be going to North America so let's give it a generous 1500 per month). About 6 weeks ago they said they had 17,000+ already reserved just for North America which includes Canada. It's going to be next summer if you're lucky when you're able to actually purchase one off the lot. I reserved mine June 3rd and I probably won't get mine until sometime next march or april. This past April they said they already had 10,000 North American reservations. A rough calculation is without any delays. They might as well call this the 2022 gv80.

With the most recent recall for the gv80 I do not have much confidence that I will receive this vehicle by next spring so I'm going to start actively looking for another vehicle if they cannot give me a concrete date by the end of October. I have actually been looking since this past January.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Like you I applied the math about production numbers vs cars already ordered. Yes, it would take until Spring of '21 for Genesis to catch up. That being said I have the feeling the numbers that have been pre-ordered have been exaggerated by Genesis to create more of a dramatic impact for marketing purposes plus the numbers we keep hearing may also include the all new G80. Also, I think some or many of the early pre-orders will be cancelled if people start waiting beyond November or December as people lose patience and start looking elsewhere at models. I have my eye on the Jaguar SUV as a backup...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Like you I applied the math about production numbers vs cars already ordered. Yes, it would take until Spring of '21 for Genesis to catch up. That being said I have the feeling the numbers that have been pre-ordered have been exaggerated by Genesis to create more of a dramatic impact for marketing purposes plus the numbers we keep hearing may also include the all new G80. Also, I think some or many of the early pre-orders will be cancelled if people start waiting beyond November or December as people lose patience and start looking elsewhere at models. I have my eye on the Jaguar SUV as a backup...
Hopefully they are misleading with the number of reservations and people cancel and there is no more delays or recalls.
The Jaguar SUV was also in my top two or three but it just does not have as nearly the amount and complexity of tech within the vehicle as the gv80.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts