Genesis GV Forums banner

Genesis Digital Key App Error

8K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  T. Artz 
#1 ·
Just purchased a new GV80 Advanced and having an issue setting up the digital key. More specifically, when I attempt to login into the "Genesis Digital Key" app, I enter my email and then password but I get the error "Phone number is not found. Please, update your phone number via the web portal."

All of my information is correct in the web portal including my phone number. My genesis connected services app works without any issue. It seems that the digital key app is reaching out to Genesis servers because if I enter the wrong email or password I get a different error.

I am running a Galaxy S10 with Android 11. I was on Android 10 and just updated to 11, it did not work on either.

Have had an open ticket with Genesis for about a week now with no updates.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

#3 ·
Just purchased a new GV80 Advanced and having an issue setting up the digital key. More specifically, when I attempt to login into the "Genesis Digital Key" app, I enter my email and then password but I get the error "Phone number is not found. Please, update your phone number via the web portal."

All of my information is correct in the web portal including my phone number. My genesis connected services app works without any issue. It seems that the digital key app is reaching out to Genesis servers because if I enter the wrong email or password I get a different error.

I am running a Galaxy S10 with Android 11. I was on Android 10 and just updated to 11, it did not work on either.

Have had an open ticket with Genesis for about a week now with no updates.

Thanks in advance for any advice!
Congrats on getting your new GV80 @Gerstein! Sorry to hear you're having issues with the digital key. If you don't have the NFC settings turn on your car, like the video @GenesisFan shared, here's some steps to take.

#4 ·
Thanks for the input, I appreciate the help. I have reviewed all of the Genesis material and everything appears to be okay, except for the fact that I cannot gain access to the digital key app on my phone.

Since I bought the GV80, I have noticed that on Genesis website, as well as when I talk to customer service, they are having some type of system outage. I am hoping that whenever that issue is cleared up, it may allow for the app to verify the phone number in their system.

#5 ·
I am trying to register a new phone with the digital key and I'm having no success in that when I go through the setup process for the smartphone key it takes me all the way to the stage of putting the phone on the charger and selecting save on the dash and it states saving but then continuously says saving canceled. I cannot continue through completion. Any help would be terrifically appreciated

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.