Genesis GV70 Forum & GV80 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across this on Twitter today. The new Genesis G80 Sport is going to come with a performance version of the 3.5L Twin Turbo V6 that produces 420 hp.

The question is, will this be a G80 exclusive? Or will it eventually be available in the GV80? I'd be surprised if Genesis didn't offer it for the GV80 but you never know.

Genesis G80 Sport Engine

·
Registered
621 Posts
With 420 horsepower, that 3.5-liter turbocharged V6 puts out a decent amount compared to sport version of the X5.

Then there's also a "Genesis GV90 Under Consideration To Rival BMW X7", could we see a higher performing version of the GV80 use an engine from that bigger SUV instead?

·
Registered
506 Posts
With 420 horsepower, that 3.5-liter turbocharged V6 puts out a decent amount compared to sport version of the X5.

Then there's also a "Genesis GV90 Under Consideration To Rival BMW X7", could we see a higher performing version of the GV80 use an engine from that bigger SUV instead?
Hopefully they use the engine for both vehicles. It would be a great base engine for a GV90 and it would be a blast as a sporty GV80.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Really no point. Makes sense for the GV70, I hope they do it, but at the GV80 weight and size, it would really be a waste. The GV80 isn’t a performance vehicle, it’s a comfort vehicle. The GV70 is more tailored to being performance, at least the sport model, because it is light/compact enough to actually enjoy it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I came across this on Twitter today. The new Genesis G80 Sport is going to come with a performance version of the 3.5L Twin Turbo V6 that produces 420 hp.

The question is, will this be a G80 exclusive? Or will it eventually be available in the GV80? I'd be surprised if Genesis didn't offer it for the GV80 but you never know.

View attachment 172
You should have read the entire article...it was an April Fool’s joke. There is no “high performance“ 3.5 T coming. It’s all moot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts