Genesis GV70 Forum & GV80 Forum banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has any one seen whether or not there will be a hitch option for the GV80 from Genesis? Or are we going to have to look for aftermarket options? I know the GV80 isn't designed for hauling big trailers but it'd be nice to have a hitch as an option.
I got a hitch on my 2021 3.5 Prestige from the factory. I am told it will tow up to 6500 lbs. I have not tried pulling the boat yet and I think I will be using my sons car to pull the boat rather than the GV80

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yes, my window sticker says tow wiring but you still have to buy the harness from the dealer for $150 and the hitch either from the dealer for $405 or Curt brand from eBay for about $150.
The car is rated to tow up to 6,000 lbs which is really good
Correct. They deceive you by listing the harness, but you do have to pay for it. And, if you don’t get one with a hitch, it’ll cost you close to $1000 at dealer. $450ish for the hitch, and $500 install.
I had a local truck place install the Curt hitch. Cost me only $280 for hitch and install. Works great for my bike rack.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has any one seen whether or not there will be a hitch option for the GV80 from Genesis? Or are we going to have to look for aftermarket options? I know the GV80 isn't designed for hauling big trailers but it'd be nice to have a hitch as an option.
I took possession of my GV80 last February but I was told that the hitch that I ordered was on back order . Actually found out later that it was the wire harness that was delayed . All good now as it was installed about 5 months later .

41 - 45 of 45 Posts