Genesis GV80 Forum | Pricing, Specs & Reviews banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since GV80 deliveries are expected to be starting soon. Has anyone started thinking about winter tires for their GV80? I definitely need them in my area because we get hit bad with snow.

In the past I've gone with Bridgestone Blizzak's but I might switch it up to something else. I'd be interested to hear what other snow tires people use and if anyone has recommendations.

·
Registered
2021 GV80 Prestige Adriatic Blue / Dune
3 Posts
Since GV80 deliveries are expected to be starting soon. Has anyone started thinking about winter tires for their GV80? I definitely need them in my area because we get hit bad with snow.

In the past I've gone with Bridgestone Blizzak's but I might switch it up to something else. I'd be interested to hear what other snow tires people use and if anyone has recommendations.
The Canadian Genesis Accessories site shows multiple wheel options using Continental Viking Contact 7 or Pirelli Scorpion

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Canadian Genesis Accessories site shows multiple wheel options using Continental Viking Contact 7 or Pirelli Scorpion
I've heard good things about Pirelli Scorpions but I'm not as familiar with Continental Viking Contact 7's. Have you had any experience with them @GNGenesis?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have not had experienced with either. Although what I have read about winter tires Nokian is the best and then all other name brands seem to be on the top 10. I always seem to gravitate to Michelin for summer tires and the X-Ice are rated well. The Genesis winter tire package size is 265/55R19. I am assuming my GV80 will arrive in December and the first accessory I will need is a set of wheels & tires.

·
Registered
10 Posts
checking back in on this thread. i am picking up a 3.5 gv with 22"s but looking for alternative sizes. tire rack has limited options for snow tires in the 265/55/19 size. any other alternatives? im looking to buy new wheels/tires

·
Registered
3 Posts
checking back in on this thread. i am picking up a 3.5 gv with 22"s but looking for alternative sizes. tire rack has limited options for snow tires in the 265/55/19 size. any other alternatives? im looking to buy new wheels/tires
After thinking I was going to go with 19", I ended up purchasing 20" wheels and tires.
The wheel dealer I used also talked me in to Toyo tires, although I am typically a Michelin person. So it is a Braelin 20" wheel with Toyo Observe GSi6 LS 265/50R20. They seem to be OK, there is an increase in road noise but they are winter tires but handle well on the highway. I haven't had a chance with deep snow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts