Genesis GV80 Forum | Pricing, Specs & Reviews banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Three years after their initial release, Hyundai's premium lineup has surpassed 200,000 sales. With global sales of just 555 models in their first year, it seems that the brand is slowly starting to gain some traction in the market. In just the first 10 months of 2018, sales of these models have increased by 6.1%
However, the executive G80 model is the most popular in the Genesis lineup, with a cumulative 127,283 units sold worldwide, followed by the flagship G90 with 52,417 units sold and the G70 sport sedan with 27,182 units.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Their pricing is a still a bit aggressive imo, as even the new G70 has been set at the exact same price as a 3 series. As you step up in trims/options the numbers you do start to see a big difference however.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Their pricing is a still a bit aggressive imo, as even the new G70 has been set at the exact same price as a 3 series. As you step up in trims/options the numbers you do start to see a big difference however.
I don't see a problem as long as Genesis/Hyundai is willing to adjust its value as consumers demand. If pricing is deemed too much, increasing features will be the only solution.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No one is going to take them seriously as a premium brand if they significantly undercut rivals on price. But by the time you factor in the cost of ownership/maintenance and the warranty package, things quickly go in Genesis' favor.

·
Registered
47 Posts
If you look at what they've packaged in the new G70, it seems to me that they have found a working formula. Their latest model is getting a lot of recognition as a true 3 series fighter.

·
Registered
198 Posts
If you look at what they've packaged in the new G70, it seems to me that they have found a working formula. Their latest model is getting a lot of recognition as a true 3 series fighter.
That working formula is actually classic but forgotten to the point that it was only until the new BMW M235i that purists that loved the E46 M3 fell in love with BMW once again. In fact its better than the E46 M3. G70 is the drivers sedan we wanted all these years from a reputable enough brand. It still boggles my mind that the Japanese haven't caught on... WTF

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The only thing that will allow them to be seen as a luxury marque is simply more time in the segment. We have yet to see any serious build quality issues with their sedan models, but alike most cars in this segment, depreciation is decreasing their value rather quickly.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Not just more time but also offering more.
The Q50 had all the time in the world to prove Infiniti has something people really wanted but they failed to innovate and attract more consumers. Even I sat out.
Offering the Red Sport did help but really, how many times do you see them or regular Q50's at all?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Infiniti has been struggling for years, but that's mostly because they don't do anything innovative or new from one model year to the next. Makes more sense from a consumer standpoint to buy something a few years old at a significant discount. Things might finally be changing with the QX Inspiration concept that they showed awhile back.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Infiniti has been struggling for years, but that's mostly because they don't do anything innovative or new from one model year to the next. Makes more sense from a consumer standpoint to buy something a few years old at a significant discount. Things might finally be changing with the QX Inspiration concept that they showed awhile back.
I never realized how bad it was for Infiniti till they announced a stop sale of the QX30, a model that started off at a low cost to them.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Infiniti has just recently teased their new electric sports sedan, which draws a lot of its inspiration from the old Q45. As uninspiring as their latest crossovers have been, they are just as reliable and capable as they have ever been. Exploring a new design is one of the easier things to change.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Infiniti has just recently teased their new electric sports sedan, which draws a lot of its inspiration from the old Q45. As uninspiring as their latest crossovers have been, they are just as reliable and capable as they have ever been. Exploring a new design is one of the easier things to change.
I heard it actually represents a few EV's to come.

Naturally that should be models to rival the Model 3, Model S and possible a small crossover.

Thoughts??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts