Genesis GV80 Forum | Pricing, Specs & Reviews banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Sadly there are some things you can get from an in-person experience that nothing online can supplement, one of those are colors. G70's are out and so will be other Genesis products as automotive show season goes under full swing.

I suggest everyone do themselves a favor and see these vehicles in person.

·
Registered
47 Posts
That is one of the most detailed an intricate configurators that I've ever seen. A great way to get a sense of how different options/packages look. Little things like this can really help substantiate Genesis as a premium brand.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
With newer electric vehicles we are seeing that a lot more consumers don't have an issue in purchasing a new car sight unseen. In fact the whole dealership model is changing and we may see a lot more business done online.

·
Registered
268 Posts
With newer electric vehicles we are seeing that a lot more consumers don't have an issue in purchasing a new car sight unseen. In fact the whole dealership model is changing and we may see a lot more business done online.
That comes with the difference in mind set, the difference is here, people are buying because they're dying to have the tech and want to be early adopts = little convincing.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I think there is a growing demand for premium products that aren't so cookie cutter in design as models from BMW and MB. Long term reliability however, is still an area where Genesis needs to prove itself.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I think there is a growing demand for premium products that aren't so cookie cutter in design as models from BMW and MB. Long term reliability however, is still an area where Genesis needs to prove itself.
Slowly car makers are improving. The changes are subtle and take real product knowledge to understand them.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The costs of upkeep on a BMW or MB aren't exactly cheap. Sure they can last for decades, but you're going to be spending a lot out of pocket to do so.

·
Registered
268 Posts
The costs of upkeep on a BMW or MB aren't exactly cheap. Sure they can last for decades, but you're going to be spending a lot out of pocket to do so.
Actually you'll be lucky to hold onto one for decades because the cost of owning out of warranty will drive you crazy.

CarMax and some other services offer generous aftermarket warranty terms but finding them for German cars is diminishing.

·
Registered
47 Posts
No one holds onto cars for that long anymore and that's why subscription services are growing as rapidly as they are. Being able to swap out your car for another new model a few times a year is a way better 'ownership' model.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts