Genesis GV Forums banner

Gold Coast Silver Genesis GV80 Owners Thread

25K views 61 replies 12 participants last post by  WolFiN_R1 
#1 ·
See less See more
#11 ·
Genesis really has it locked down with fit and finish. It had a minuscule (I'm talking smaller than a pin head) dimple in one of the piano black pieces that go between the drivers and passenger windows that the salesman had to point out to me and tell me that they'd already ordered the replacement piece and would contact me when it came in. Other than that there was nothing on the car that wasn't perfect. Everything works as planned and some things even surprised me because I'd not heard anyone speak of them in all the videos I watched. But most videos didn't have much time with the car. The one thing I'm speaking of is that once an hour into your drives the ergo motion seat starts itself and does a 10 minute massage on it's own. Just so that you get some stretching each hour of your drive. We did the smart park today both from inside the vehicle and outside the vehicle and it worked flawlessly. You just have to remember to stay within 20 feet or so of the vehicle as if it gets further than that away from you it will just stop and put itself in pause mode until you get closer and press the forward or back button on the fob. Driving assist features worked flawlessly. I had great navigation in my Mercedes but the Genesis is much better. Much clearer and easier to understand. Still trying to get use to the lane change cameras in the dash but I'm sure it will be easier soon. I'm already not turning on the windshield wipers when trying to change gears so that's a plus as the Mercedes has the gear lever where this windshield wiper stalk is.

#13 ·
So I took a ride to my Genesis dealer this afternoon with my wife so she could see a GV80 in person. I pull into the parking lot and I spot a Gold Coast Silver with the Prestige Package in the parking lot, just came off the trailer this afternoon and my salesperson didn't even know it arrived until just before I got there, she didn't even have a chance to call me yet. What a surprise! It'll be ready to be picked up on Monday.
Motor vehicle Tire Wheel Automotive design Automotive tire

#14 ·
So I'm having the hardest time describing the color of this car, because it's a different color every time I look at it. Sometimes it's more silver, sometimes it's more gold, sometimes it's more pewter, sometimes it's almost bronze. Normally not a big deal but with COVID and having to describe the car you are picking up your food order with curbside. It's a tough one, you can't really describe it as a SUV either as it doesn't have the same body style as the typical boxy SUVs out there. These are not complaints but just observations. I'm going to get to where I describe it as "just look for the big cross hatch chrome grill on a car that might be gold or silver depending on the light hitting it" Anyone have any ideas on how to describe this so that people aren't wandering around with your food until it gets cold? LOL!

#39 ·
I have to admit it's my favorite color (even though the car is designed so nice all colors look great on it)! I totally agree that the color seems to change based on the lighting angle. My wife calls it champagne color sometimes. What color interior on yours? 3.5TT option?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.