Genesis GV70 Forum & GV80 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else think the idle sound of the GV is excessively loud and not very refined?
3.5TT

·
Registered
52 Posts
Does anyone else think the idle sound of the GV is excessively loud and not very refined?
3.5TT

No, I don’t find that with my 3.5.

·
Registered
2021 Genesis GV80 Prestige. VIK Black w/beige on blk
25 Posts
Yes!
My 3.5 with the AC on sounds like a jet taking off. I have found it unusually loud for the vehicle. But on the outside. No noise issue when sitting in it.
It’s definitely the cooling system fan and/or condenser fans running at full speed.
It’s VERY noisey when walking by car when it’s running.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes!
My 3.5 with the AC on sounds like a jet taking off. I have found it unusually loud for the vehicle. But on the outside. No noise issue when sitting in it.
It’s definitely the cooling system fan and/or condenser fans running at full speed.
It’s VERY noisey when walking by car when it’s running.
that sounds exactly like what I’m hearing.

·
Registered
11 Posts
3.5TT
I had to take our GV in when it hit -40 celsius. We park outside and the **** thing doesn't come with a block heater and no option to get one at purchase either. The idle was loud and somewhat rough. they threw it in the shop overnight though and the next day it was fine. It definitely doesn't like the cold. Other than that, yes... the air ventilation system seems to make some odd noises inside the cab. We didn't know where the noise was coming from until we turned off the fan.

·
Registered
39 Posts
that sounds exactly like what I’m hearing.
I have a 2.5 and mine makes a racket when idling...to me it sounds like a diesel engine.....Frankly it sounds like a cheap old car....I had a VW Atlas 2018.....One time I came back to it 15 mins after I parked it, and the engine was running....It was SUPER QUIET...It may be a fan...or could be fuel injectors...but whatever the cause, its very dissappointing...But inside the cabin, its super quiet.

·
Registered
272 Posts
3.5TT
My 3.5TT is very quiet at idle at least during the winter months. Possibly during the summer if it has an electric auxiliary engine cooling fan it might be noisier when it kicks in but that's just speculation as I picked it up in December. I'll have to wait during the summer months to see if it gets noisier if it even has an auxiliary cooling fan.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Mine too. Turn the AC off and it goes away. Turn it back on and it comes back.
I'm in Vermont, so I haven't used AC yet....Its noisiest at initial start....after driving awhile the noise does dissipate-just not totally-but its not the racket I hear when I start it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts