Genesis GV80 Forum | Pricing, Specs & Reviews banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read multiple reviews that say ride quality is very harsh for a luxury SUV. I was planning on quiet non jarring ride. Has anyone driven a US spec vehicle yet?

·
Registered
Current: 2018 Hyundai Sonata, Coming: 2021 Genesis Gv80 Prestige Alta White Dune
43 Posts
I have read multiple reviews that say ride quality is very harsh for a luxury SUV. I was planning on quiet non jarring ride. Has anyone driven a US spec vehicle yet?
Gen1gv80 actually bought his gv80 and currently has it.

·
Registered
2021 GV80 Prestige Vik black
115 Posts
Gen1gv80 actually bought his gv80 and currently has it.
Yah, it's my daily driver
There are no problems with the suspension. Everyone has a subjective opinion as to what they feel is comfortable and what they would like the feel, steering, and suspension to feel like. The GV80 has several shortcomings but for me the suspension is great. I can moderately dial in the suspension between luxury or sport mode. The GV80 is a heavy car which is typical for a luxury vehicle and considering the weight the GV80 drives pretty good. Slightly softer ride than my Nissan Rogue, much quieter, brakes well and smooth.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Just took a test drive. Worth all the hype. Very quiet, smooth, powerful. No apparent flaws that I could see. Not a sport suv, but a luxury suv.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just test drove a GV80 prestige today coming from a G70 sport. It’s a very serene drive. Suspension is relatively soft and I preferred it stiffened up in sport mode. Overall I was quite pleased. My only / main criticism is that the steering is very light. Again I preferred it in sport mode but even that wasn’t quite enough.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just test drove a GV80 prestige today coming from a G70 sport. It’s a very serene drive. Suspension is relatively soft and I preferred it stiffened up in sport mode. Overall I was quite pleased. My only / main criticism is that the steering is very light. Again I preferred it in sport mode but even that wasn’t quite enough.
I'm in Edmonton Canada. Where'd you go to drive.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Just took a test drive. Worth all the hype. Very quiet, smooth, powerful. No apparent flaws that I could see. Not a sport suv, but a luxury suv.
Yeah Genesis seems to be making a clear distinction that the GV80 is the luxury SUV and the GV70 is the sporty one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts