Genesis GV70 Forum & GV80 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am approaching 90 days with my new GV80 and I am receiving a message daily on the dash where the camera turns on with the turn signal, that service in 27 days. Each day it counts down. This would equate to exactly 90 days for the first service requirement. I cannot find anything in the service manual for a 90-day service, the first service should be at 7,500 miles. I will be around 2000+ miles.
Any thoughts?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I am approaching 90 days with my new GV80 and I am receiving a message daily on the dash where the camera turns on with the turn signal, that service in 27 days. Each day it counts down. This would equate to exactly 90 days for the first service requirement. I cannot find anything in the service manual for a 90-day service, the first service should be at 7,500 miles. I will be around 2000+ miles.
Any thoughts?

Seems premature. Where are you located?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Located in central Florida.
I thought possibly, until I saw your 2K miles, your driving was being categorized as "Severe Conditions" meaning service every 5K. If you look at the criteria, many owners will qualify. Maybe the computer determines who fits. In my opinion, the criteria is mostly ridiculous compared to other manufacturers. I hear Jaguar requires 15K oil changes. It really looks like Genesis is looking for a way out in their 10/100 warranty, assuming owner non compliance with the criteria. You might want to give your dealer a call.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Any thoughts?
I'm also in central Florida. Where did you buy your vehicle? Thanks

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have the same issue. I called Genesis connect, they said to reset the date, or ignore until closer to 5k miles...Central Florida

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have the same issue. I called Genesis connect, they said to reset the date, or ignore until closer to 5k miles...Central Florida
Thanks, contacted them and they cannot find any 90-day service requirement. I will re-set.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm near the Villages in North Central Florida have same message, 26 days until service but showing only 2256 miles??
It is indicating 90 days for service, which is not required. When you re-set it will then show service due at 3500 miles which again is not required. When you contact Genesis they just say to re-set!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Mine popped up saying a 995 mile service was required. I’m thinking it’s a time interval not distance as it was 90 days since I got the car. But dealer says there’s no service at either that mileage or timeframe so I reset it and it said next due at 4500 miles.

·
Registered
43 Posts
When this occurred for me I was told the incorrect service setting was happening to many people. They did not know the cause but thought it might be getting reset when a new user profile was created.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts