Genesis GV Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Genesis GV60 Performance- Uyuni White/Navy
136 Posts
Hi Ron, Welcome to the forum! The GV60 is amazing. I installed a Clipper Creek: Clipper Creek HCS-60R, Ruggedized 48 Amp, Level 2, EVSE, 240V, with 25 ft cable
This one gives me the highest charge rate that the onboard charger can take 11kw/h. I am very happy with my choice. I love have my 'gas station' at my house!
John

·
Registered
Genesis GV60 Performance- Uyuni White/Navy
136 Posts
Hi Ron, The 6-20 plug can only handle a maximum of 20 amps at 240v, whereas the 10/30 is rated up to 30 Amps. Which you choose will limit your highest possible charging speed- though I would consider both of them only a moderate rate of level 2 charging. For a 'fast' rate of level 2 charging like John has achieved, you might have to consider a hard-wired solution- though I suppose it's possible that a charger could use a fat Nema 14-50 plug for a faster supply (but still not as fast as John's, which uses a 60 amp circuit, I believe)
Yes - mine is 60amp and hardwired. I figured to just get the highest rate I could and the longest cord I could! I am prepared - ha! But again, just about any will work, this was just my solution.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts