Genesis GV70 Forum & GV80 Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
Future Genesis GV60 - Hopefully!
59 Posts
@CarsJubilee

Hi Victor,
Have you or will you do a video on your Home Charger? I am at a loss at how to start the process to get a Level 2 Home Charger and could use any advice or suggestions.
If there is a thread already for this, the moderator can move this over to it.
Thanks, John

·
Registered
12 Posts
@CarsJubilee

Hi Victor,
Have you or will you do a video on your Home Charger? I am at a loss at how to start the process to get a Level 2 Home Charger and could use any advice or suggestions.
If there is a thread already for this, the moderator can move this over to it.
Thanks, John
Hey John, I will definitely post in the future once I get one installed.

At the moment I actually only DC fast charge my EVs. The ioniq 5 came with 2 years of free charging and the GV60 comes with 3 years of free charging. I haven't activated my gv60 account and just using my Ioniq 5 account to charge both cars. I'm wondering if I can save the 3 years plan and activate it later. It just so happens that I live walking distance from my local EA station so taking advantage of the free electricity for now.

That can spark a whole debate of its own on battery degradation but there is a lot of owner data and some tests ran that seem to point to solely or mostly DC fast charging only being a few % worse over a 5 or even 10 year period for the battery vs level 1 or level 2 charging.

My plan is to hold off as long as I can before getting an EVSE installed.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Thanks Victor. That makes sense. I do wonder about 'saving" the three years like you mentioned. So the Ioniq 5 EA subscription doesn't make a distinction to which vehicle gets to charge? It is aligned to the owner's account? Meaning if I was there in my GV60, you could let me charge on your EA Ioniq 5 account?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks Victor. That makes sense. I do wonder about 'saving" the three years like you mentioned. So the Ioniq 5 EA subscription doesn't make a distinction to which vehicle gets to charge? It is aligned to the owner's account? Meaning if I was there in my GV60, you could let me charge on your EA Ioniq 5 account?
At least so far, EA just seems to be verifying the account and that's it. I know some people have been wishing for the 'plug and charge' that's available in some other countries where they never need to open up the app. But at least for now it's giving us the advantage of being able to charge whatever vehicle we want so your theoretical scenario should work.

·
Registered
59 Posts
At least so far, EA just seems to be verifying the account and that's it. I know some people have been wishing for the 'plug and charge' that's available in some other countries where they never need to open up the app. But at least for now it's giving us the advantage of being able to charge whatever vehicle we want so your theoretical scenario should work.
That's amazing news. Please let us know if you can wait on the three year for Genesis!

21 - 34 of 34 Posts