Genesis GV70 Forum & GV80 Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I look at the photos submitted by JimFlorida and its like looking at my own GV70. I fell in love with the GV70 so, after a test drive that convinced me this was the car for me, I bought mine in April 22. It is a beautiful car and drives like a dream. But, I believe this corrosion issue is a huge flaw. I will be visiting the dealership in the next few days. I'll post whatever their comments are on the matter.

I have another issue that might cause some problems in the future. The unit seems to accumulate water inside all 5 doors. When you open them after a rain shower or wash, water simply pours out in somewhat large amounts. I would think this is bound to cause corrosion at some time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just got my GV70 a couple weeks back. The Himalayan grey. A beautiful color. Just had it ceramic coated and the metallic component really pops with the coating.
Like anything you have to do your research and use a reputable shop so they ensure the paint and clearcoat is in pristine condition before applying the coating.
I have the 3.5 Tubo. Bought it a year ago. I live in CA. The Chrome appears to be oxidizing. I tried using a product called Metal Polish Cream. It didn't work. I am starting to develop a slow burn. I will try another product.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the same issue with my Gv70. It’s been four months since i took delivery of the suv and man all the black chrome trim is horrible. It’s in the shop now to be addressed. In my opinion this is a definite design flaw. The trim at the window is the worst but it’s all over. Notice how some of the areas is very clean and bad by a line. That tells me whatever laminate system they used doesnt apply right. Funny thing the dealership gave me a loaner yes a gv70 and it’s trim is just as bad as mine. The service advisor told me it’s the acid rain here in Florida lol. Question, does your my hood flutter at highway speeds?
I have the same issue with my Gv70. It’s been four months since i took delivery of the suv and man all the black chrome trim is horrible. It’s in the shop now to be addressed. In my opinion this is a definite design flaw. The trim at the window is the worst but it’s all over. Notice how some of the areas is very clean and bad by a line. That tells me whatever laminate system they used doesnt apply right. Funny thing the dealership gave me a loaner yes a gv70 and it’s trim is just as bad as mine. The service advisor told me it’s the acid rain here in Florida lol. Question, does your my hood flutter at highway speeds?
I tried 2 chrome cleaners. Did not work. I have spots all over my trim. Very unhappy.
My hood does not flutter.
Did the dealership give you any workable response to the chrome issue?

21 - 24 of 24 Posts