Genesis GV70 Forum & GV80 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I just got my GV70 Sport Prestige on Thursday (6/24) and yesterday, Sunday (6/27), I performed 2 successful launch controls.

My question is regarding the wear on the engine and transmission.

Will actually performing the launch control with the two that I did hurt the transmission in anyway? Will in hinder acceleration for the future or make it more hesitant to pick up speed?

I know this is a feature they put in the car so it can be utilized but would actually using it once in a while change the performance of the vehicle in anyway when driving normal?

I only ask cause this is my first larger purchase and I am not super vast on the mechanics of cars.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have no knowledge/experience with launch on Genesis, but I do with Mercedes/AMG.

With AMG the car is built to handle the launches, without any adverse effects, but, should not be used until after the break in period (1000 miles for AMG)

·
Registered
366 Posts
Hello!

I just got my GV70 Sport Prestige on Thursday (6/24) and yesterday, Sunday (6/27), I performed 2 successful launch controls.

Will actually performing the launch control with the two that I did hurt the transmission in anyway? Will in hinder acceleration for the future or make it more hesitant to pick up speed?

I know this is a feature they put in the car so it can be utilized but would actually using it once in a while change the performance of the vehicle in anyway when driving normal?

I only ask cause this is my first larger purchase and I am not super vast on the mechanics of cars.
Welcome to the forum @jcamp_1991. If you use launch control every now and then on the right surfaces it shouldn't have any negative effects on your GV70. If you're going to be doing it non stop for some reason that's when things could start to wear.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Hello!

There are sometimes limitations around using it, often found in the owners manual, and that might be the case here. As long as we follow what it says along with the warranty manual, I doubt there's much to worry about.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts