Genesis GV70 Forum & GV80 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2.5T Advanced, 2021, with 8k miles. Third time the CEL has come on, always the same code (P030400) showing cylinder 4 misfire. The dealer did nothing last time as the light went out on its own. This time, they swapped the 1 and 4 cylinder ignition coils and reset the light, waiting to see if the code re-appears, and if so if it localizes to cylinder 1 (coil issue) or 4 (engine issue). They could have easily done that last time as well but didn't. Thankfully, the dealer provided concierge pickup/loaner. Anyone else with similar issue or advice? Thank you

·
Registered
1 Posts
2.5T Advanced, 2021, with 8k miles. Third time the CEL has come on, always the same code (P030400) showing cylinder 4 misfire. The dealer did nothing last time as the light went out on its own. This time, they swapped the 1 and 4 cylinder ignition coils and reset the light, waiting to see if the code re-appears, and if so if it localizes to cylinder 1 (coil issue) or 4 (engine issue). They could have easily done that last time as well but didn't. Thankfully, the dealer provided concierge pickup/loaner. Anyone else with similar issue or advice? Thank you
I have the same vehicle as you and the same problem! Had my vehicle in on Monday and they said there was a bad connection that was causing the misfire. Supposedly fixed the connection and all was good. Saturday morning, the check engine light comes on and my app reported the exact same code. Unfortunately, I live 1.5 hours from the dealership and have to dedicate a full day to go there and have service work done. In addition, I have already had to have my horn replaced and now have to have my headlight replaced due to a leaky seal and moisture in the headlight. I have only owned the vehicle a year and have been in the service center more than I ever was with any other past vehicle!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ugh, sorry to hear about your issues. It might make sense to ask the service department to "swap" cylinder wires 1 and 4 as I mentioned in my post, as that can help determine the root cause and potentially lead towards resolution of this annoying problem. I guess the "good" news is that this code (and underlying issue) is not serious and it is safe to drive with the CEL on in this setting. I drive very little, and my CEL has not come back on since my last service in February 2022....but every time I start her up, I look for it! I will post again if it happens and particularly if the underlying issue is determined.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts