Genesis GV70 Forum & GV80 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I am about to purchase a GV80 and I am very excited to join the club. However, I noticed the GV80s at my dealer have a different grill than any other GV80 I saw in this forum or in google (notice the chrome lip above the grill).

Also, the idle start/stop engine button is not available in any GV80s here.

I am concerned that I am buying an early production date car or something. Please let me know what you think.
Thanks!
Car Vehicle Grille Hood Automotive design

Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Car

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hey guys,
I am about to purchase a GV80 and I am very excited to join the club. However, I noticed the GV80s at my dealer have a different grill than any other GV80 I saw in this forum or in google (notice the chrome lip above the grill).

Also, the idle start/stop engine button is not available in any GV80s here.

I am concerned that I am buying an early production date car or something. Please let me know what you think.
Thanks! View attachment 2463
View attachment 2462

Where are you located? It will help since different countries get different features.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Wish mine did not have the "start/stop" button!!!!
It is the option that is NOT needed and a total pain in the neck. I had to bypass it!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Wish mine did not have the "start/stop" button!!!!
It is the option that is NOT needed and a total pain in the neck. I had to bypass it!
The original poster didn't mention if they have ISG or not, so maybe they don't have the option to turn it off at all since they don't have a button. Or they don't have ISG on their cars. But he didn't mention which this was. At least we have the option to turn it off.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The original poster didn't mention if they have ISG or not, so maybe they don't have the option to turn it off at all since they don't have a button. Or they don't have ISG on their cars. But he didn't mention which this was. At least we have the option to turn it off.
It doesnt have it. Only auto hold

·
Registered
220 Posts
It doesnt have it. Only auto hold
So your vehicle doesn't turn off when it's at a stop? Auto hold is actually a different feature, that keeps your car stopped when you take your foot off the brake. It doesn't turn off the engine like ISG. And with ISG you still have to keep your foot on the brake or have on auto hold as well. But with both ISG and Auto Hold it's more noticeable when the car restarts as it tends to lurch a bit.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So your vehicle doesn't turn off when it's at a stop? Auto hold is actually a different feature, that keeps your car stopped when you take your foot off the brake. It doesn't turn off the engine like ISG. And with ISG you still have to keep your foot on the brake or have on auto hold as well. But with both ISG and Auto Hold it's more noticeable when the car restarts as it tends to lurch a bit.
Had ISG in my bmw X5 but this one unfortunately doesn’t have it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts