Genesis GV70 Forum & GV80 Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hawk375 much appreciated! As I live over 100 miles from a dealer, I will attempt to purchase maintenance items over the internet. However, I do not see any specific online Genesis parts sources or schematics other then Genesis dealers that prefer specific part numbers. Hyundai has some online sites, but does not show any Genesis parts. The number you provided does come up as a Kia part for an older Kia specific model. I assume it will be suitable for the GV80. Do you know of any online parts sources with schematics and part numbers? Thanks.
I've used this oil filter kit twice so far with my GV80, matched what was installed from the factory(filter itself is a Mahle 26330-3N100, but the box is 26320-3N000). Comes with the 2 o-rings for the filter housing and a crush washer for the drain plug. They can be a little hard to find actually in stock online at times. I haven't found any decent Genesis specific parts sites yet, just the basic accessories.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I've used this oil filter kit twice so far with my GV80, matched what was installed from the factory(filter itself is a Mahle 26330-3N100, but the box is 26320-3N000). Comes with the 2 o-rings for the filter housing and a crush washer for the drain plug. They can be a little hard to find actually in stock online at times. I haven't found any decent Genesis specific parts sites yet, just the basic accessories.
It’s readily available everywhere. Service Kit Oil Filt 26320-3N000 Kia Parts Store Kia Wholesale Parts Phoenix Dallas San Francisco Los Angeles Bay Area | Kia Parts Store

·
Registered
19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was told by service manager they recommend every 3500 miles for oil change. The manual states every 7500 miles. Not sure if Genesis pays for oil change every 3500 miles. Seems excessive with use of synthetic oil. I have several Porches and they recommend every 10,000 miles or once a year.
Too funny, I guess it varies on which dealer you bring your GV80 into. My dealer told me 10,000 miles is the oil change mileage and that it's Quaker State full synthetic.
Quit Guessing. Read Your Manual. Service Your Vehicle As Per The Manual. Keep Records. If there is ever an issue you are covered.

You aren't covered if you tell them "I remember Carlos my salesman telling me I only had to change it every 10K miles if I used Full Synthetic." Or someone on Facebook told me...
Font Rectangle Parallel Screenshot Number

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was not surprised to see asking prices of ~$70 for the oil filter when the GV80 is specified and that the Kia version of the filter is about $7 - lots of car manufacturers have multi-tiered pricing, gouging deep-pocket luxury brand owners for inexpensive parts and charging reasonable prices when purchased for the more common brand..

·
Registered
53 Posts
I was told by service manager they recommend every 3500 miles for oil change. The manual states every 7500 miles. Not sure if Genesis pays for oil change every 3500 miles. Seems excessive with use of synthetic oil. I have several Porches and they recommend every 10,000 miles or once a year.
Dealer told me every 8000 miles, and my manual says that as well.
Strange that we’re all getting different info, but I’m not surprised because these Hyundai service folks don’t seem to know a lot about the Genesis brand.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I agree, these Hyundai dealers don't specialize in Genesis and they'll tell you whatever. Another example is my GV80 that I bought at a NJ dealership recommends my oil changed every 7,500 miles. I also purchased a G80 last month in PA and they have my oil change intervals set at 3,500 miles. It's truly insane, they desperately need to have separate dealerships for Genesis.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2021 GV80 2.5 and I just received an email asking me to bring the car in for maintenance, Dealer said it would be for oil change and tire rotation (both covered). Car has 4500 miles on it. Purchase date 7/29

·
Registered
2021 Genesis GV80 3.5T AWD Advanced Plus
71 Posts
All this brings up a point. (And, yes, I'm old school!)
Is there no such thing as break-in oil and/or changing oil at 1,000 miles on a new car anymore??

21 - 30 of 30 Posts