Genesis GV Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2021 Genesis GV80 3.5T
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

The rear differential on my 21 GV80 was diagnosed as bad at 13K miles - howling from the rear end when coasting which turned out to be the rear diff (diff fluid smelled burned, lots of metal pieces in the diff fluid) - first replacement diff was bad out of the box so the car is now technically on diff #3.

I am now at 24K miles and I have once again the same howling from the rear end while coasting - same symptoms as when it failed at 13K miles. I have an appointment later this week to get this looked at.

Has anyone else experienced multiple rear diff failures and what the outcome of that situation?

· Registered
2021 Genesis GV80 3.5T
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quick update - car has been at the dealership for a couple of weeks now and is supposed to get a new rear diff installed today - 3rd replacement. Needless to say my car is a lemon

· Registered
28 Posts
Thanks for keeping us posted on your issue. It's helpful to others like me who own that same vehicle because we can be aware of the potential for this issue. So far, my GV80 with 12K miles displays no issues, and I feel bad for you. Hopefully, the third time will be the charm for you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts