Genesis GV70 Forum & GV80 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2021 GV80 has a whine (hum) when I reach about 35 mph. I have eliminated tire problems, and believe the whine or hum may be coming from the transmission. Is this normal? Dealer says he can't hear anything unusal>

·
Registered
2021 Genesis GV80 3.5T AWD Advanced Plus
149 Posts
There is a thread here, somewhere, about that "hum". I call it a driveline whine. In any case, it's likely the transfer case, and, odds are, it's normal, but just a bit irritating! Some, however, have has it diagnosed as a defective transfer case & had it replaced.

·
Registered
34 Posts
My 2021 GV80 has a whine (hum) when I reach about 35 mph. I have eliminated tire problems, and believe the whine or hum may be coming from the transmission. Is this normal? Dealer says he can't hear anything unusal>
Which engine and is it All wheel drive or RW? That might help in the responses.

I have a 2.5 with RWD and no such issues.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I also have the driveline whine between 30 and 40 MPH. (3.5 AWD) It occurs when there is that fine line between accelerating and decelerating, almost coasting, just feathering the gas. I believe that it is the rear ring and pinion gears slightly out of spec. The mechanic rode with me and agreed. We test drove a different GV80 and it was quiet. I have an appointment to have a new rear axle installed (Genesis does not field repair transmissions or rear axles) on August 29. I will update as to if this fixes the problem or not.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts