Genesis GV70 Forum & GV80 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving at night I immediately noticed how the head lights don't illuminate the road beyond what I consider too short of a distance. There is light up close on the road, but at about 40 or 50 feet the light comes to an abrupt end. When the high beams come on, the light is great, but if they are off for some reason I find it too dark for my preference. My prior car had much better low-beam lighting, but I must admit oncoming drivers would occasionally flash me thinking my high beams were on.

Does anyone else thinks the lights should project a bit further?

I just saw this picture in another post - I am not asking about the little dark V, but this shows how the overall projection stops pretty short. Thank you to the original poster of this photo!
Plant Automotive lighting Road surface Infrastructure Tree

·
Registered
12 Posts
Someone posted this same question elsewhere and the OP later reported that their headlights were misaligned and were adjusted from the factory too low. It may or may not be the same for you but that is one avenue to look at.

·
Registered
2018 Mercedes-Benz GLC AMG 43, 2020 Hyundai Palisade
7 Posts
We have a 2020 Hyundai Palisade and altho I have no complaints about the headlights, they have the same "V" pattern as indicated in your picture. Apparently that is normal on Hyundai and it seems on Genesis as well.

·
Registered
53 Posts
We have a 2020 Hyundai Palisade and altho I have no complaints about the headlights, they have the same "V" pattern as indicated in your picture. Apparently that is normal on Hyundai and it seems on Genesis as well.
That ‘V’ cutout is so that you don’t blind oncoming drivers. It says so in the manual.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts