Genesis GV Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving at night I immediately noticed how the head lights don't illuminate the road beyond what I consider too short of a distance. There is light up close on the road, but at about 40 or 50 feet the light comes to an abrupt end. When the high beams come on, the light is great, but if they are off for some reason I find it too dark for my preference. My prior car had much better low-beam lighting, but I must admit oncoming drivers would occasionally flash me thinking my high beams were on.

Does anyone else thinks the lights should project a bit further?

I just saw this picture in another post - I am not asking about the little dark V, but this shows how the overall projection stops pretty short. Thank you to the original poster of this photo!
Plant Automotive lighting Road surface Infrastructure Tree

·
Registered
22 Posts
Someone posted this same question elsewhere and the OP later reported that their headlights were misaligned and were adjusted from the factory too low. It may or may not be the same for you but that is one avenue to look at.

·
Registered
2018 Mercedes-Benz GLC AMG 43, 2020 Hyundai Palisade
18 Posts
We have a 2020 Hyundai Palisade and altho I have no complaints about the headlights, they have the same "V" pattern as indicated in your picture. Apparently that is normal on Hyundai and it seems on Genesis as well.

·
Registered
2021 GV80 Prestige
58 Posts
Driving at night I immediately noticed how the head lights don't illuminate the road beyond what I consider too short of a distance. There is light up close on the road, but at about 40 or 50 feet the light comes to an abrupt end. When the high beams come on, the light is great, but if they are off for some reason I find it too dark for my preference. My prior car had much better low-beam lighting, but I must admit oncoming drivers would occasionally flash me thinking my high beams were on.

Does anyone else thinks the lights should project a bit further?

I just saw this picture in another post - I am not asking about the little dark V, but this shows how the overall projection stops pretty short. Thank you to the original poster of this photo!
View attachment 2461
I agree, my lights do not seem to extend far enough down the road. All the reviews I heard say the lighting was really good, but I am kind of disappointed. While not a major issue with my local "city" driving where there are other cars and street lighting, when I get up into the hills, I find it very difficult to see.

This is not about the V cutout, just the overall lighting pattern. Looks like I may have to have the dealer check it out to see mine are misaligned as well

·
Registered
59 Posts
I agree, my lights do not seem to extend far enough down the road. All the reviews I heard say the lighting was really good, but I am kind of disappointed. While not a major issue with my local "city" driving where there are other cars and street lighting, when I get up into the hills, I find it very difficult to see.

This is not about the V cutout, just the overall lighting pattern. Looks like I may have to have the dealer check it out to see mine are misaligned as well
While there is a possibility the headlights are misaligned (too low), make sure you activate the High Beam Assist (HBA) every time you start the car. The LED headlights on the GV80 are handicapped by silly US and Canadian regulations. They were intended to always be on…both high beam and low beam at all times. If allowed to operate as designed by Genesis, the light output would be vastly improved. Unfortunately, the best we can do is make sure we activate HBA. When activated, the hi beams will come on frequently when no car is oncoming. In this mode, while not as good as what they can do if not handicapped, they still work very well.

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 GV80 Prestige
58 Posts
While there is a possibility the headlights are misaligned (too low), make sure you activate the High Beam Assist (HBA) every time you start the car. The LED headlights on the GV80 are handicapped by silly US and Canadian regulations. They were intended to always be on…both high beam and low beam at all times. If allowed to operate as designed by Genesis, the light output would be vastly improved. Unfortunately, the best we can do is make sure we activate HBA. When activated, the hi beams will come on frequently when no car is oncoming. In this mode, while not as good as what they can do if not handicapped, they still work very well.
Thanks, yes, I use the HBA all the time, even with high beams on, the light does not travel that well. Not sure if it is the cause, but when I bought the car, the tire pressure was way to high (42 all around), especially the front ones. If they adjusted the beams based on that pressure, when I lowered it down to the recommended 33 front I wonder if that caused the some issue

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.