Genesis GV Forums banner

Heated Seats - turn on with remote start?

7K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Fast Freddie 
#1 · (Edited)
I have reviewed the owner's manual and it appears that the heated seats and heated steering wheel must be turned on manually once the vehicle is started - is this correct? Which means that when I get in on a cold morning, the seat and steering wheel will be cold.

Another feature I would like is to be able to lock the key in the vehicle, and have a key-pad with code entry on the outside - my Ford has this feature and it is great for the beach. Does anyone have a way of accomplishing this?

Thanks for your help - have not bought the GV80 yet, but it is the strong frontrunner!

#2 ·
If you download the genesis app, there is a remote start feature that you can set up with 4 different presets (temp, heated seats, etc) I don’t think it has ability to add the heated steering wheel. Not sure if this functionality on the app is only for the prestige model but I use it all the time to start the car remotely

#3 ·
Thank you, that is great news. I had read that the key fob can only remote start from 32 feet away or less. Currently I start my Ford from at least 75 feet from inside my work. Will the phone app work at a distance greater than the 32' (or than what they state for the key fob)?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.