Genesis GV70 Forum & GV80 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I've been trying to get a GV80 in a specific color/trim. I absolutely despise all the monochrome version of gray vehicles on the road. the GV80 has such road presence and I don't want these monochrome colors which dulls the exterior presence and the black mutes the luxurious interior cabin. It's seems for some reason all the U.S. dealerships are obsessed with all the versions of grey/silver and black interiors.

My question is are the dealers actually ordering these? Or is Genesis just giving them what they want them to have?

Whenever I question the dealers/finance Managers they act as if they have no order control. And They act as if I'm not allowed to custom order what I want. They always somehow avoid the question or outright lie about being able to custom order when I see plenty of people on the forums saying the custom ordered theirs.

Or was that in the beginning of sales when that was allowed and isn't allowed anymore?

Then when I question them about getting the fun colors below, I always get the run around and they won't let me order anything.

3.5T Advanced+ 3row
Adriatic Blue w/Dune interior
Cardiff Green w/Beige Taupe interior
Yuni White w/Dune interior

or a 3.5T Prestige Cardiff Green w/ the Green Smoky brown interior.

I refused to let them push me to buy what THEY want me to buy. If I'm going to spend min $70k, I deserve to have what I want and I feel like my options are broad enough to get it. I'm in West TN. But I've searched nation wide as well while doing research on pricing and trim/color availability and trend and I'm seeing 90-95% monochrome grays and Black interiors. Then, dealers are pretending as if that's what people want across all vehicle brands and make/models. Yet, when I see a fun colored GV80 or GV70 they are the first to sell if its a 3.5. I can't be the only one who's noticed or experienced this. I would love some feedback on these issues. Or if someone knows of a dealer near West TN or Memphis that might have any of the trims/colors above.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
53 Posts
As I understand it, and I may be ill informed, Genesis does not allow customers to order specific vehicles. The dealers may request a different assortment (higher or lower models),but for the most part…Genesis tells them what they will get and roughly when they will get it. Personally, if this is true, it’s a major problem as the US market is not accustomed to accepting anything else than exactly what they want. Perhaps in other countries people are more likely to settle, but in my experience, Americans like the ability to customize their vehicles, especially when spending $70k. Will this business model change? I guess only time will tell. I have read that many people grew tired of waiting and have purchased other vehicles (many MB, BMW, Audi, Volvo, and Lincoln buyers considered Genesis only to find the vehicle was not available or the dealer was asking sticker or more). Since Genesis wouldn’t comply, they shopped elsewhere…I’m sure HQ is aware and may change. Who knows?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As I understand it, and I may be ill informed, Genesis does not allow customers to order specific vehicles. The dealers may request a different assortment (higher or lower models),but for the most part…Genesis tells them what they will get and roughly when they will get it. Personally, if this is true, it’s a major problem as the US market is not accustomed to accepting anything else than exactly what they want. Perhaps in other countries people are more likely to settle, but in my experience, Americans like the ability to customize their vehicles, especially when spending $70k. Will this business model change? I guess only time will tell. I have read that many people grew tired of waiting and have purchased other vehicles (many MB, BMW, Audi, Volvo, and Lincoln buyers considered Genesis only to find the vehicle was not available or the dealer was asking sticker or more). Since Genesis wouldn’t comply, they shopped elsewhere…I’m sure HQ is aware and may change. Who knows?
Thanks for the info. Yeah, now that you mention it, on the forums I've seen that other potential Genesis buyers went with another brand because they were able to custom order or get what they wanted at that price range. Even my coworker, although, was not in the market for a Genesis, was talking about how he just custom order a pickup truck and was given is build date etc.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hello All,

I've been trying to get a GV80 in a specific color/trim. I absolutely despise all the monochrome version of gray vehicles on the road. the GV80 has such road presence and I don't want these monochrome colors which dulls the exterior presence and the black mutes the luxurious interior cabin. It's seems for some reason all the U.S. dealerships are obsessed with all the versions of grey/silver and black interiors.

My question is are the dealers actually ordering these? Or is Genesis just giving them what they want them to have?

Whenever I question the dealers/finance Managers they act as if they have no order control. And They act as if I'm not allowed to custom order what I want. They always somehow avoid the question or outright lie about being able to custom order when I see plenty of people on the forums saying the custom ordered theirs.

Or was that in the beginning of sales when that was allowed and isn't allowed anymore?

Then when I question them about getting the fun colors below, I always get the run around and they won't let me order anything.

3.5T Advanced+ 3row

I refused to let them push me to buy what THEY want me to buy. If I'm going to spend min $70k, I deserve to have what I want and I feel like my options are broad enough to get it. I'm in West TN. But I've searched nation wide as well while doing research on pricing and trim/color availability and trend and I'm seeing 90-95% monochrome grays and Black interiors. Then, dealers are pretending as if that's what people want across all vehicle brands and make/models. Yet, when I see a fun colored GV80 or GV70 they are the first to sell if its a 3.5. I can't be the only one who's noticed or experienced this. I would love some feedback on these issues. Or if someone knows of a dealer near West TN or Memphis that might have any of the trims/colors above.

Thanks in advance.
As I recall a while back several members commented that a couple of the St. Louis area Genesis dealers had good numbers of GV80's in inventory. Worth checking.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Thanks for the tip. Will check it out.
I've bought several cars a long way from home over the years. Some I've had shipped and a few I took a one-way flight and drove them home. My GV80 came from Classic Genesis of Mentor (Ohio) and delivered to me in Cave Creek, AZ. It took all of 4 days to arrive. If it hadn't been winter, I would have flown in and driven it home.

·
Registered
53 Posts
The #1 biggest issue I’ve seen is while there seems to be a good number of vehicles in stock, they are simply not the ones people want. For instance, I have several dealerships to choose from in a 50 mile radius. They all have several dozen GV80…the problem? They are all lower models or come with the 2.5 engine. Another issue is the color palette is down right boring. Lots of grey, white, and black exteriors with black interiors. In my opinion…the least desirable color combinations of all (no offense to those who like that). People in my neighborhood are looking for standout color combinations, and almost everyone wants the loaded 3.5 Prestige. My dealer is complaining he keeps getting low models and all the same color…he can’t seem to sell them. It’s silly Genesis keeps sending unwanted models.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The #1 biggest issue I’ve seen is while there seems to be a good number of vehicles in stock, they are simply not the ones people want. For instance, I have several dealerships to choose from in a 50 mile radius. They all have several dozen GV80…the problem? They are all lower models or come with the 2.5 engine. Another issue is the color palette is down right boring. Lots of grey, white, and black exteriors with black interiors. In my opinion…the least desirable color combinations of all (no offense to those who like that). People in my neighborhood are looking for standout color combinations, and almost everyone wants the loaded 3.5 Prestige. My dealer is complaining he keeps getting low models and all the same color…he can’t seem to sell them. It’s silly Genesis keeps sending unwanted models.
YES! that's exactly the experience I have. the 2.5T should be lowered in delivered inventory from Genesis to dealers and replaced with the 3.5t Advanced+. The Black interior should be discontinued all together. It mutes the luxurious accents and luxury of the interior. Barely any of the 2.5T are selling.

One of the dealers called me today and I left work early. The young salesman isn't trained that well but he did a good job and at least he followed up. But he told me a Gray 3.5T advanced + with the 3 row and green interior just arrived today. I was pretty sure that int. color is not offered in the Himalayan Grey but I thought maybe he just mixed his words up and he had the Cardiff green or a Grey with the Dune int. listed in my choices I gave to him or I maybe I got lucky on a new color combo Genesis relased. But NOPE H.Grey with Black int. Advanced+. The young dude did apologize and I got to drive a 3.5T Advanced tester and I love the ride and sound of the engine. I only got to listen to the engine of the Advanced+ 3 row because it just hit the lot and they had not ( i forget the term) processed it yet.

I did not give the young sales kid a hard time and let him know he did a good job of a least calling me the moment it got to the lot and I ok'ed him to update me every 3 days going forward on what is coming in since that is what he said he would like to do. But I explained to him that I'm not an indecisive person and at the moment I started contacting dealers that I had my mind made up and had done my research.

I just looked at all the grey and silver and no matter how much I love the ride and the GV80 styling and precense , I don't get the "in love" feeling when I look at it in that color like I have with every car that I've purchased. You know that feeling. It's like when you see a girl that's just your type. There's simply no trick or amount of persuasion ANY salesman can do to make me buy any spectrum of silver, grey or Black vehicle. and with a Black Int. is an automatic NO! ESPECIALLY if I'm paying a min of $70k with these [email protected]$$3$ trying to add 3k Market Adj. or dealer add-ons I don't want.

P.S. I really appreciate the feedback from the users here and for allowing me to rant and pick you guys brains and experience. Thanks

·
Registered
48 Posts
YES! that's exactly the experience I have. the 2.5T should be lowered in delivered inventory from Genesis to dealers and replaced with the 3.5t Advanced+. The Black interior should be discontinued all together. It mutes the luxurious accents and luxury of the interior. Barely any of the 2.5T are selling.

One of the dealers called me today and I left work early. The young salesman isn't trained that well but he did a good job and at least he followed up. But he told me a Gray 3.5T advanced + with the 3 row and green interior just arrived today. I was pretty sure that int. color is not offered in the Himalayan Grey but I thought maybe he just mixed his words up and he had the Cardiff green or a Grey with the Dune int. listed in my choices I gave to him or I maybe I got lucky on a new color combo Genesis relased. But NOPE H.Grey with Black int. Advanced+. The young dude did apologize and I got to drive a 3.5T Advanced tester and I love the ride and sound of the engine. I only got to listen to the engine of the Advanced+ 3 row because it just hit the lot and they had not ( i forget the term) processed it yet.

I did not give the young sales kid a hard time and let him know he did a good job of a least calling me the moment it got to the lot and I ok'ed him to update me every 3 days going forward on what is coming in since that is what he said he would like to do. But I explained to him that I'm not an indecisive person and at the moment I started contacting dealers that I had my mind made up and had done my research.

I just looked at all the grey and silver and no matter how much I love the ride and the GV80 styling and precense , I don't get the "in love" feeling when I look at it in that color like I have with every car that I've purchased. You know that feeling. It's like when you see a girl that's just your type. There's simply no trick or amount of persuasion ANY salesman can do to make me buy any spectrum of silver, grey or Black vehicle. and with a Black Int. is an automatic NO! ESPECIALLY if I'm paying a min of $70k with these [email protected]$$3$ trying to add 3k Market Adj. or dealer add-ons I don't want.

P.S. I really appreciate the feedback from the users here and for allowing me to rant and pick you guys brains and experience. Thanks
i love it 3k market adjustment our local dealer adds 10k to it & calls it dealer proffit. then makes it mandatory you buy their paint protection package for 2k so thats $12,000 over MSRP unreal

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i love it 3k market adjustment our local dealer adds 10k to it & calls it dealer proffit. then makes it mandatory you buy their paint protection package for 2k so thats $12,000 over MSRP unreal
That is absolutely digusting gouging! I would actively boycott any dealership that does that. Genesis needs to step in because if that's allowed to continue that will kill the value proposition that Genesis is marketing and betting on. The U.S. dealership model is so outdated and politically propped up. There is simply no reason why we can't just order what we want directly.

·
Registered
48 Posts
sarasota florida & they are sneaky they only show the factory msrp on their web site when you view the window sticker but they have a add on column taped to the side of it when you get their in person. we have bought over 40 new cars in our lifetime & we can never come to a agreement with this dealership ever.. we always end up buying out of town.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello All,

3.5T Advanced+ 3row

Thanks in advance.
I think they are no,ding off on orders right now due to the chip shortage. My GV80 was to arrive in August and it’s a,ready been pushed to mid-September. My guess is since they have no control over the supply chain, they are hesitant to take additional orders, or knowing when they can deliver. They are likely trying to take care of current orders before taking on new ones.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think they are no,ding off on orders right now due to the chip shortage. My GV80 was to arrive in August and it’s a,ready been pushed to mid-September. My guess is since they have no control over the supply chain, they are hesitant to take additional orders, or knowing when they can deliver. They are likely trying to take care of current orders before taking on new ones.
Should have said holding off. I ordered in March.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello All,

3.5T Advanced+ 3row

Thanks in advance.
Go on cars.com, put in your model level desired, exterior color, and interior color; hit search. Don’t limit the miles from your location, allow any where in the United States- you will get back dealership names the show that exact car. My dealership couldn’t give me a delivery date some 3 months ago, so I used this method, found only 4 in the US that matched, the first two I called were already sold; I’m in Orlando and found one in Long Island NY, called and put together a deal on the phone, and sent a transport company to pick it up one week later!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello All,

3.5T Advanced+ 3row

Thanks in advance.
I live in St. Louis county and bought the navy blue (Adriatic?). GV80. Anyway, I used the Genesis concierge to find a different color and package level. They found one for me at another dealer within my state. Give the concierge a try. I was very pleased.

·
Registered
4 Posts

Maybe because your not a fan of my car you should lay off how horrible it is. I have silver with black interior, it's a 3.5 Prestige and i love it. The color and the interior. But since you are looking and i am driving one for several months now. we are enjoying it and your are just bitching.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Wow some one is sensitive sorry i agree i dont get why dealers always have black interiors on the lot cars,trucks ,suv's always black inside.. not a good choice in s. florida where summer last 8 months of the year

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello All,

3.5T Advanced+ 3row

Thanks in advance.
You’re absolutely correct I searched like crazy to find my Adriatic blue with Dune interior spectacular BTW and finally had to go out of state to get it but also to get a good deal because the dealer in Florida were asking way over MSRP. My first choice was Cardiff Green with the beige interior but it’s very very light and too hard to keep clean. I romanced with getting the Cardiff Green with the green interior but wasn’t prepared to pay the extra $6000 for the Prestige model, I just don’t see the value in it and wanted the 7 seats anyway

1 - 20 of 61 Posts