Genesis GV70 Forum & GV80 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Go on cars.com, put in your model level desired, exterior color, and interior color; hit search. Don’t limit the miles from your location, allow any where in the United States- you will get back dealership names the show that exact car. My dealership couldn’t give me a delivery date some 3 months ago, so I used this method, found only 4 in the US that matched, the first two I called were already sold; I’m in Orlando and found one in Long Island NY, called and put together a deal on the phone, and sent a transport company to pick it up one week later!
How was setting up the transport company to pick up your GV80? I've never used one before and I've heard mixed experiences from people. I'd be so nervous between when they pick it up and when they deliver it to me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Interesting enough I ordered my GV80 Prestige Cardiff / Green int, and they confirmed Aug 7 as delivery date. We are now told Aug 23. If you go to to the dealer's website they have a stock picture of my vehicle with the VIN and window sticker posted. It looks like the vehicle is in stock. I made a mystery call and nailed down that vehicle, and the sales persons admitted it was presold. Whew, I hope he meant presold to me!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello All,

I've been trying to get a GV80 in a specific color/trim. I absolutely despise all the monochrome version of gray vehicles on the road. the GV80 has such road presence and I don't want these monochrome colors which dulls the exterior presence and the black mutes the luxurious interior cabin. It's seems for some reason all the U.S. dealerships are obsessed with all the versions of grey/silver and black interiors.

My question is are the dealers actually ordering these? Or is Genesis just giving them what they want them to have?

Whenever I question the dealers/finance Managers they act as if they have no order control. And They act as if I'm not allowed to custom order what I want. They always somehow avoid the question or outright lie about being able to custom order when I see plenty of people on the forums saying the custom ordered theirs.

Or was that in the beginning of sales when that was allowed and isn't allowed anymore?

Then when I question them about getting the fun colors below, I always get the run around and they won't let me order anything.

3.5T Advanced+ 3row
Adriatic Blue w/Dune interior
Cardiff Green w/Beige Taupe interior
Yuni White w/Dune interior

or a 3.5T Prestige Cardiff Green w/ the Green Smoky brown interior.

I refused to let them push me to buy what THEY want me to buy. If I'm going to spend min $70k, I deserve to have what I want and I feel like my options are broad enough to get it. I'm in West TN. But I've searched nation wide as well while doing research on pricing and trim/color availability and trend and I'm seeing 90-95% monochrome grays and Black interiors. Then, dealers are pretending as if that's what people want across all vehicle brands and make/models. Yet, when I see a fun colored GV80 or GV70 they are the first to sell if its a 3.5. I can't be the only one who's noticed or experienced this. I would love some feedback on these issues. Or if someone knows of a dealer near West TN or Memphis that might have any of the trims/colors above.

Thanks in advance.
Not exactly sure, but think Dealers get whatever is in the pipeline from Genesis. Our dealer checked which GV80s were scheduled to ship and placed a $2k deposit on a Prestige green on green in November 2020. Arrived end of February 2021. No custom ordering as far as options. Whatever options Genesis put on it is what we received (paint protection, mud flaps and first aid kit). This will probably change in future once Covid supply chain interruptions are over and things are back to normal. In the meantime... are you willing to wait for your color choice and take whatever options it arrives with? We thought was worth the wait. Best Wishes!

·
Registered
593 Posts
Go on cars.com, put in your model level desired, exterior color, and interior color; hit search. Don’t limit the miles from your location, allow any where in the United States- you will get back dealership names the show that exact car. My dealership couldn’t give me a delivery date some 3 months ago, so I used this method, found only 4 in the US that matched, the first two I called were already sold; I’m in Orlando and found one in Long Island NY, called and put together a deal on the phone, and sent a transport company to pick it up one week later!
Welcome to the forum @Matt C. Congrats on the GV80!
Any pictures? It would be great to see them in whichever of these color threads they belong in:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello All,

I've been trying to get a GV80 in a specific color/trim. I absolutely despise all the monochrome version of gray vehicles on the road. the GV80 has such road presence and I don't want these monochrome colors which dulls the exterior presence and the black mutes the luxurious interior cabin. It's seems for some reason all the U.S. dealerships are obsessed with all the versions of grey/silver and black interiors.

My question is are the dealers actually ordering these? Or is Genesis just giving them what they want them to have?

Whenever I question the dealers/finance Managers they act as if they have no order control. And They act as if I'm not allowed to custom order what I want. They always somehow avoid the question or outright lie about being able to custom order when I see plenty of people on the forums saying the custom ordered theirs.

Or was that in the beginning of sales when that was allowed and isn't allowed anymore?

Then when I question them about getting the fun colors below, I always get the run around and they won't let me order anything.

3.5T Advanced+ 3row
Adriatic Blue w/Dune interior
Cardiff Green w/Beige Taupe interior
Yuni White w/Dune interior

or a 3.5T Prestige Cardiff Green w/ the Green Smoky brown interior.

I refused to let them push me to buy what THEY want me to buy. If I'm going to spend min $70k, I deserve to have what I want and I feel like my options are broad enough to get it. I'm in West TN. But I've searched nation wide as well while doing research on pricing and trim/color availability and trend and I'm seeing 90-95% monochrome grays and Black interiors. Then, dealers are pretending as if that's what people want across all vehicle brands and make/models. Yet, when I see a fun colored GV80 or GV70 they are the first to sell if its a 3.5. I can't be the only one who's noticed or experienced this. I would love some feedback on these issues. Or if someone knows of a dealer near West TN or Memphis that might have any of the trims/colors above.

Thanks in advance.
Pretty much my understanding is that you can order a vehicle but there’s no guarantee that the vehicle will be built. I will order a G 80 in green last March 2020 and actually came in three weeks ago so 15-16
months. In the meantime I got tired of waiting and did purchase a blue one. But 90% of them were either black or white.
I was told is the dealers through their district manager get a call from the dock telling them what they have available at the dock and asking them what they want. From there they accept or decline them individually. Also in regards to the 3.5 some of those are being delayed in shipment because of the café standards for gasoline mileage. That’s why there are so many more 2.5. Their better MPG allows him to get more vehicles into the country.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wow some one is sensitive sorry i agree i dont get why dealers always have black interiors on the lot cars,trucks ,suv's always black inside.. not a good choice in s. florida where summer last 8 months of the year
Mr Sensitive here and guess what i live in Florida 3 of my cars have black interior and its not a problem. I hated the car we had with a light color interior.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Mr Sensitive here and guess what i live in Florida 3 of my cars have black interior and its not a problem. I hated the car we had with a light color interior.
Hi Mr. Sensitive. I was not personally knocking your choice. I gave MY opinion on the monochrome and black interiors. I never said no one else will like them and having a preference other than the 90% of 50 shades of gray is not bitching.

Oh and thanks to everyone else for the feedback. I love the discussion and to get others experiences.
Update: my local dealer called me again today and I ended up getting the Cardiff Green/Green Prestige they have coming in Sept 21. Got it locked in w/reserve deposit and credit pre- approval. He knew I wanted the Adriatic Blue w/Dune but it was a 2.5t and I told him I only want a 3.5t and he mentioned they had the green prestige 3.5 w/ green int. but no 3 row. I pretended to be "okay" with that since it was 3rd on my list of choices and no 3rd row but I was estatic on the inside. He tried to get me for $76k and I told him nope! He was on and on about the market and shortage and then my credit score game back 795 and I stood up to walk and the sales guy said hold up lemme get with the Finance Manager. came back and knocked 2.5k off. So I got it locked in for $73.5k. signed the paperwork and made my reserve deposit. Will wait to see if the Sept. 21 date holds.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Not exactly sure, but think Dealers get whatever is in the pipeline from Genesis. Our dealer checked which GV80s were scheduled to ship and placed a $2k deposit on a Prestige green on green in November 2020. Arrived end of February 2021. No custom ordering as far as options. Whatever options Genesis put on it is what we received (paint protection, mud flaps and first aid kit). This will probably change in future once Covid supply chain interruptions are over and things are back to normal. In the meantime... are you willing to wait for your color choice and take whatever options it arrives with? We thought was worth the wait. Best Wishes!
Yeah, I was willing to wait and walk away. I turned down serveral other trim/colors. and Finally was able to get the same trim/color you got. Cardiff Green/Green Int. Prestige 3.5T. Will be here ETA sept. 21st. By waiting and not settling I was able to get exactly what I wanted. Green/Green used to actually be my first option. I just thought Genesis was never going to ship one here. West TN area. So, Adriatic Blue w/ Dune int, 3.5 Advanced+ 3row was moved to the top of my list. The Cardiff 3.5 Prestige was the ONLY Trim/Color Int. I was willing to sacrifice the 3rd row for. All the 2.5T's offered were a no go even if they had the color int/ext. I wanted.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Has anybody ordered a 2022 gv80 and got a written contract from their dealer when we ordered ours all we got was the color year make and model hand written on a piece of blank paper along with a credit card receipt didn't seem very professional or reassuring

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have not heard of anyone getting a written contract…as a matter of fact, I don’t know if anyone received one for a 2021 either. When I put a deposit on one “promised” to me back in March, it was simply stating I put a deposit down. No mention of any specific vehicle promised to me. For this reason, I don’t trust the Genesis “system” at all. I have no real evidence, but my gut tells me dealers are providing nothing more than lip service with regards to holding vehicles. I’ve heard countless times where vehicles were “promised” to arrive on a specific date only to be told time and time again that it’s been pushed out. As the salesman won’t or try not to give a VIN, there’s no way to stop the dealership from receiving the vehicle, and selling it to a higher bidder and never telling the person that it was promised to. Because we can’t order a vehicle, like almost every other manufacturer allows, we are at the mercy of our local salesman who has ZERO allegiance to his customers. If he can make $5 more on a sale, he will. My current “it’s arriving soon date” is now the first of August…but they won’t give me a VIN so I can see if they receive it and sell it from under me.

Edit: minutes after I typed this, my sales guy called…my order on a 2021 Gold Coast Silver 3.5 Prestige has been pushed back yet again. The new date is September 5th. 😫😫😫

·
Registered
26 Posts
My dealer said he would be able to give me a VIN number in about 30 days so we'll see if he has some new excuse then

·
Registered
8 Posts
As mentioned previously, I have a VIN and a nebulas arrival date. Just for fun you may want to go to a YouTube showing the Hyundai Ulsan plant in South Korea. Take a look at the aerial view of thousands of vehicles waiting to be put on the RORO ships at the dock. Maybe this is another reason they have trouble getting a grip on delivery. Especially if the vehicle they are waiting for is somewhere in the middle of the parking lot!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Here is a more updated picture from Google Earth. March of 2020. Maybe a few prototypes out there somewhere?
Hyundai Ulsan.jpg

·
Registered
11 Posts
Man, you guys in the US are getting the shaft! I pre-ordered our GV80 Prestige back in January of 2020. I paid msrp of $85,000.00 Canadian and got the lower lease rate for pre-ordering so far ahead. We didn’t take delivery of our white/vanilla beige Prestige until December of 2020 but there were no markups or surprises. Heck, I even got the sales guy to throw in a set of the Genesis branded all-weather mats.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 · (Edited)
I was watching a situation that confirmed my suspicion. People want color more than the dealers are leading the market to believe. I was watching 2 dealers near me that had 2.5T which are hard to move but these were 2.5T in Blue. He has 3.5T prestiges and 3.5 Advanced but all are either gray silver or black. as I had suspected and have been seeing the 2.5T Blues were the first to go. Even though the 2.5 are hard to move off dealer lots. Add some color and they are gone! My other dealer offered me their 2.5T prestige in Blue/Dune before it got here. I turned it down. I checked today on their website to see if had actually came in and it did. I'm watching how fast it will sell compared to the monochrome colors even at 3.5T.

The fact that it came in when he said it would is a good sign for the Green that I put a reserve Deposit down on. I know people must be as bored as I am with all the 50 shades of gray/monochrome vehicles out here especially with all Black interiors. But this confirms it for me if people are willing to buy the 2.5T trim with some color over a 3.5T monochrome and Black interior. Heck I almost jumped on it but I already have an electric Blue 2018 Sonata and Plus that Cardiff Green/Green is so unique and probably limited I just have to wait for it. It would look awesome next to my Blue car. And plus it's a 3.5t Prestige which I hear rides better with that engine based on the posts from users on this forum.

·
Registered
26 Posts
our local dealer has a 3.5 advance silver & a 3.5 prestige gray both black interior they have been on their lot for 5 + weeks now the advanced has not even been test drove much as it only has 5 miles on it & the rotors are all rusted. i agree colors do sell the car quicker weather it is interior or exterior

·
Registered
28 Posts
our local dealer has a 3.5 advance silver & a 3.5 prestige gray both black interior they have been on their lot for 5 + weeks now the advanced has not even been test drove much as it only has 5 miles on it & the rotors are all rusted. i agree colors do sell the car quicker weather it is interior or exterior
What I still cannot understand...knowing how "vanilla" most of the interior and exterior color combinations Genesis is offering on the GV80 are, why would they terminate the production of Gold Coast Silver and Lima Red half way through the model year? Other than the blue and green, it left customers with having to settle for shades of white, gray, and black...and with black interiors. Genesis marketing really has no sense of what the American market wants. First, they didn't make nearly enough 3.5 Prestige, then they cancelled the color combinations we want, and finally...they continue to send dealers color combinations few want.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts