Genesis GV70 Forum & GV80 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
What I still cannot understand...knowing how "vanilla" most of the interior and exterior color combinations Genesis is offering on the GV80 are, why would they terminate the production of Gold Coast Silver and Lima Red half way through the model year? Other than the blue and green, it left customers with having to settle for shades of white, gray, and black...and with black interiors. Genesis marketing really has no sense of what the American market wants. First, they didn't make nearly enough 3.5 Prestige, then they cancelled the color combinations we want, and finally...they continue to send dealers color combinations few want.
I blame the dealers as they ALWAYS chosing 50 shades of gray/Black no matter the Brand, Make or Model. Also, There could be a color/paint issue with Lima Red and GC Silver. Though I have not heard of anyone posting about them, I did see the Lima Red tester one of my local dealerships have and the paint is very scratchy. Like someone used a rough towel and circular scratched up the coating. It stands out really bad on the Lima Red.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
What I still cannot understand...knowing how "vanilla" most of the interior and exterior color combinations Genesis is offering on the GV80 are, why would they terminate the production of Gold Coast Silver and Lima Red half way through the model year? Other than the blue and green, it left customers with having to settle for shades of white, gray, and black...and with black interiors. Genesis marketing really has no sense of what the American market wants. First, they didn't make nearly enough 3.5 Prestige, then they cancelled the color combinations we want, and finally...they continue to send dealers color combinations few want.
UPDATE: Confirmed! Just as I suspected the Adriatic Blue 2.5T Prestige with Dune Interior sold before any of the monochrome grays and silvers with black interiors that are 3.5T. People want COLOR! the 2.5t was one of the last to come on that lot and went before all the other bland colorless ones that have just been sitting there. I can't wait for my Cardiff Green Prestige to come in!!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
View attachment 2084 View attachment 2084 we ordered a bland white one with dune interior he have had a bright blue jag for a while & love the color & the adriatic blue is just too dark for us..
What a beauty! I have the electric Blue 2018 Sonata Limited Ult. And The White with the Dune Interior was 3rd on my List. Cardiff Green #1 and Adriatic Blue #2...The only Reason White/Dune was 3rd is because I recently had my White 2017 Santa Fe XL Limit Ultimate totaled by an idiot trying to beat the light. I got flipped over. And getting another White SUV just brings back bad memories for me. I don't want to be reminded of that. Otherwise, it would have been #2 after the Green. And I agree the Adriatic Blue GV80 is too dark. I'm hoping my 3.5T Prestige Cardiff Green/Green Smoky Brown Int. gets here soon!

·
Registered
53 Posts
What a beauty! I have the electric Blue 2018 Sonata Limited Ult. And The White with the Dune Interior was 3rd on my List. Cardiff Green #1 and Adriatic Blue #2...The only Reason White/Dune was 3rd is because I recently had my White 2017 Santa Fe XL Limit Ultimate totaled by an idiot trying to beat the light. I got flipped over. And getting another White SUV just brings back bad memories for me. I don't want to be reminded of that. Otherwise, it would have been #2 after the Green. And I agree the Adriatic Blue GV80 is too dark. I'm hoping my 3.5T Prestige Cardiff Green/Green Smoky Brown Int. gets here soon!
If Genesis offered all interior colors with all exterior colors (like most other manufacturer's due...namely, Volvo with the TC90 which is a direct competitor to the GV80), I would have most certainly order a Cardiff green/ beige with black interior. But, because Genesis is restricting choices to what THEY deem "looks good", the only other exterior color with that interior that I like is Gold Coast Silver. So now...I wait. Order one March 1 - being told "it's still coming" and should arrive Sept. 15th. o_Oo_Oo_O

·
Registered
48 Posts
man i hope your gv comes in the color you ordered it would suck to wait that long & not get what you wanted. when we ordered the jaguar we wanted the supercharged v-6 but they were switching over to a turbo 4 & said ours might come as a 4 cyl. i told them im not buying it if its a 4 cyl we had to wait 2-1/2 months for it to get here to find out what we got very stressful we were lucky and it was the v-6 & that thing moves 380 hp in a 4000 lb suv.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
If Genesis offered all interior colors with all exterior colors (like most other manufacturer's due...namely, Volvo with the TC90 which is a direct competitor to the GV80), I would have most certainly order a Cardiff green/ beige with black interior. But, because Genesis is restricting choices to what THEY deem "looks good", the only other exterior color with that interior that I like is Gold Coast Silver. So now...I wait. Order one March 1 - being told "it's still coming" and should arrive Sept. 15th. o_Oo_Oo_O
That sounds about right. My Cardiff Green 3.5T Prestige ETA is Sept. 21st. I hope it comes early though.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
man i hope your gv comes in the color you ordered it would suck to wait that long & not get what you wanted. when we ordered the jaguar we wanted the supercharged v-6 but they were switching over to a turbo 4 & said ours might come as a 4 cyl. i told them im not buying it if its a 4 cyl we had to wait 2-1/2 months for it to get here to find out what we got very stressful we were lucky and it was the v-6 & that thing moves 380 hp in a 4000 lb suv.
Update: Called my dealer to check on the status of the arrival of my Cardiff Green/Green GV80 and they knew exactly who I was and what I ordered. Since the salesman that I ordered with was no longer there, I told the guy I was calling to check on a GV80 that I put a deposit down on. And he checked a few secs and came back and said you're "Mr. LastName" and you have the Cardiff Green GV80 on order right? He know who I was and what I had ordered without me even telling him the details. So, this tells me that my deposit/ order is legit and that is going to be my GV80. Most of all the arrival date has moved up from Sept, 21 to Sept. 8th.

·
Registered
48 Posts
is yours going to be a 21 or a 22 my local dealer said the next shipment he gets in will be 22's but he didnt say when that was

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
is yours going to be a 21 or a 22 my local dealer said the next shipment he gets in will be 22's but he didn't say when that was
No, he didn't say if it be a MY21 or MY22. But my guess is 2021. I'm thinking that even though the factories have retooled for MY22 the ones that are still making out to delivery are MY21 that have been waiting for freight and have already been at the harbor. but would be very great if it was MY22.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Update: Called my dealer to check on the status of the arrival of my Cardiff Green/Green GV80 and they knew exactly who I was and what I ordered. Since the salesman that I ordered with was no longer there, I told the guy I was calling to check on a GV80 that I put a deposit down on. And he checked a few secs and came back and said you're "Mr. LastName" and you have the Cardiff Green GV80 on order right? He know who I was and what I had ordered without me even telling him the details. So, this tells me that my deposit/ order is legit and that is going to be my GV80. Most of all the arrival date has moved up from Sept, 21 to Sept. 8th.
Update: Got a call today that my GV80 3.5T Prestige in Cardiff Green came in today. Which is even earlier than the previous dates given. It will be ready tomorrow afternoon when they're finished prepping and serving them. I will post pictures once it's signed for and official. P.S. Also, they got in about 20 GV80's from what I was told.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Did your dealer ever make good on his word and you got your GV80? If so, in about 3 weeks you should get a Genesis Key Card in the mail for free. Do not order one. Mine came today. I was going to order one. My dealer told me don't and that Genesis sends those out with your Genesis purchase. I waited and it came right when he said it would. Works like a charm!
Font Parallel Paper Stationery Paper product

·
Registered
53 Posts
Did your dealer ever make good on his word and you got your GV80? If so, in about 3 weeks you should get a Genesis Key Card in the mail for free. Do not order one. Mine came today. I was going to order one. My dealer told me don't and that Genesis sends those out with your Genesis purchase. I waited and it came right when he said it would. Works like a charm!
View attachment 2396
Coincidentally, I just signed the paperwork for one, but not what I “ordered”. My sales manager called to say Genesis cancelled the order for the GCS (and numerous others). He was also told what was coming was being pushed back at least another month. What he was willing to do was offer me a black 3.5 T Prestige (same beige with black interior) that was being offloaded from the truck today at the same price (sticker) we agreed upon in March.
So, since my only choice was to wait until February or March for the 22 to arrive, or take one in silver, gray, or black, as they are now the only exterior colors paired with the specific interior I wanted…black it is!

The sales manager offered to “throw in” the paint and interior “sealant” package, which retails for $4,995 (uh…yeah…sure).

The wife loves it…so I’m happy.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Coincidentally, I just signed the paperwork for one, but not what I “ordered”. My sales manager called to say Genesis cancelled the order (and numerous others). He was also told what was coming was being pushed back at least another month. What he was willing to do was offer me a black 3.5 T Prestige (same beige with black interior) that was being offloaded from the truck today at the same price (sticker) we agreed upon in March.
So, since my only choice was to wait until February or March for the 22 to arrive, or take one in silver, gray, or black, as they are now the only exterior colors paired with the specific interior I wanted.

The sales manager offered to “throw in” the paint and interior “sealant” package, which retails for $4,995 (uh…yeah…sure).

The wife loves it…so I’m happy.
Oh that's a bummer. But If y'all are happy then that's good because you'll love the GV80 still. But be on the lookout for your key card once you take delivery.

41 - 60 of 61 Posts