Genesis GV70 Forum & GV80 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In Vik Black the GV80 looks great already but what steps would you take to black it out completely? Genesis should really consider offering a black out package like what other automakers do.

Here's one example.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive design Alloy wheel

·
Registered
368 Posts
I think it looks great with the black wheels, black grille, and vik black. But I think it needs a couple of chrome trim pieces to make it pop.

·
Registered
4 Posts
In Vik Black the GV80 looks great already but what steps would you take to black it out completely? Genesis should really consider offering a black out package like what other automakers do.

Here's one example.
View attachment 1298
I like it! I would probably leave a little more chrome like on the side lights. I'd also tint out the brake lights but leave the reverse lights alone. Jus little things to make it pop.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Here is my design. Satin black wrap with chrome delete and a few painted details.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Here is my design. Satin black wrap with chrome delete and a few painted details.
SO DOPE. Best GV80 I've seen yet. I'm in the market, and was about to pull the trigger on a BMW X7 but I'm about to go drive a GV80 in the next day or two. I'm curious how did you treat the chrome part? Like on the grill and the chrome that runs across the bottom of the doors, how did you black that out?

·
Registered
10 Posts
SO DOPE. Best GV80 I've seen yet. I'm in the market, and was about to pull the trigger on a BMW X7 but I'm about to go drive a GV80 in the next day or two. I'm curious how did you treat the chrome part? Like on the grill and the chrome that runs across the bottom of the doors, how did you black that out?
Most of it is the same satin wrap however I had the grill and rims powder coated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Most of it is the same satin wrap however I had the grill and rims powder coated.
I recently had my rims powder coated and then had the chrome on the bottom wrapped. Looks good, but can't get anyone who's willing to mess with the grill. I will drive wherever to get the rest done. Who did yours? I'm in Raleigh, NC. The people that powder coated my times said the powder coating wouldn't stick to the grill because of the material (plastic). Is that true?

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I recently had my rims powder coated and then had the chrome on the bottom wrapped. Looks good, but can't get anyone who's willing to mess with the grill. I will drive wherever to get the rest done. Who did yours? I'm in Raleigh, NC. The people that powder coated my times said the powder coating wouldn't stick to the grill because of the material (plastic). Is that true?
Welcome to the forum @andre1125
Would love to see pictures of your wheels finished like that.

Which GV80 model and spec did you get?

·
Registered
10 Posts
My grill is constantly getting rock chips but we are looking at other options. Redline Design here in FL did all of my work.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts