Genesis GV70 Forum & GV80 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

I'm considering buying a GV70 but was curious how is the car service experience when you bring it in for maintenance. I know they're basically Hyundai dealership service centers but is the customer experience great? Do they loan out Genesis cars when your car is in service etc.?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I would hope Genesis monitors this site, and takes the comments and feedback seriously. They need to immediately address the experience dealing with a Hyundai dealership when getting service. I just had my 5,000 service done, and I felt it was impersonal and disappointing. I get in a queue, they take pictures of the entire exterior of the car (why??) and then my 60 minute service became a “call you in four hours” issue. They offered me a ride home, but I ended up in a Lyft after an hour because their shuttle never came back. THe wiring kit they told me they would install for my radar detector, then told me they couldn’t because the wiring connectors were wrong (no, it was specific to the vehicle), and then the package was returned unopened. I am sorry they don’t recognize the difference in servicing a customer with a $72K car versus a 6 year old Elantra. Very disappointing - learn from Lexus, Acura, BMW and MB quickly. Even with my wife’s Mazda (same owner as Hyundai) is far more accommodating and personable.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts