Genesis GV70 Forum & GV80 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered my GV70 Sport Prestige a few hours ago with the illuminated door scuff plate accessory $395. My sales guy did not know the color of light color of the "illumination" on the scuff plate. I'm not entirely sure he even knew that was an accessory option. I'm curious it will be white or if it will grab the ambient lighting color that is selected. Does anyone know this answer?

Registered
2022 Genesis GV80 Advanced Prestige VIK black
I believe mine are bland white (2022 GV80). Do not change along with the ambient cabin lighting. Battery operated no less.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I believe mine are bland white (2022 GV80). Do not change along with the ambient cabin lighting. Battery operated no less.
Battery Operated? Well that is odd. I guess I'll be suprised when the car arrives.

Registered
Battery operated? Maybe by the 12 Volt battery, or are you saying these take something like disposable AA's? I've never heard of such a thing. Not possible, IMO.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That is what I was thinking. I would hate to think I paid an extra $395 for battery operated illuminated scuff plates. My 2009 SLK350 has illuminated scuff plates and it's 13 years old. I wouldn't think car manufactures would go backwards.

Registered
You have to be careful believing / trusting anyone with very low post counts and no history, and also posting in the wrong forum.

Registered
2022 Genesis GV80 Advanced Prestige VIK black
Thanks for the welcome. Anyways, my car was delivered with the illuminated door scuffs. The lighting is white, and they require a CR 2340 battery which is accessible beneath the scuff plate. These scuff plates are shown on my Monroney as a $395.00 option. The instruction sheet was included with the rest of the paperwork upon delivery of the car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts