Genesis GV Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought this was an interesting note I received today from the owner where I'm about to pickup my 2023 GV70....

Unfortunately wireless android auto is not something we expect to see in our vehicles in the near future. I have been told it interferes with the navigation system. On our Hyundai models that don’t have navigation they have wireless android auto but ironically the upper trims that have navigation don’t.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I call BS!! What is so special about their GPS navigation. Most all semi & full luxury cars have wireless and nav.!
Does seem hard to believe but I would also think she would be talking it up the opposite that it's coming over it's not soon.

And the reality of it is that the Hyundai lines without Nav do have the Android Auto etc. My daughters Elantra has wireless everything.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Does seem hard to believe but I would also think she would be talking it up the opposite that it's coming over it's not soon.

And the reality of it is that the Hyundai lines without Nav do have the Android Auto etc. My daughters Elantra has wireless everything.
I believe that it's some kind of fight between Hyundai and Apple.

On the larger screens, Hyundai wants the Hyundai screen to appear, and Apple wants an welcoming Apple screen to come up instead.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I recently read an article where a Hyundai exec said that the reason they don't offer wireless Carplay in Genesis vehicles was that the wireless audio quality was lower than they thought was appropriate. Don't know if that's true or not, but it's the best reason I've heard to date.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts