Genesis GV80 Forum | Pricing, Specs & Reviews banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the Genesis GV80, In states/countries where the front license plate is required the only place that I have heard you can place the front license plate without having sensors go off is smack dead center of the grille. That is a serious design flaw in my opinion.

It's one of the main reasons why I purchased this vehicle. I really do not wish to get pulled over for not having a front license plate.

Hopefully someone here might know a solution for the proper placement of the front license plate without having the sensors for the GV80 go off.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'd love to know of a solution to this as well, Australia requires them on the front also :(

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I suggest going with a tow hook mount. Its a common spot these days.
View attachment 1523
I read when the license plate is put there it blocks a sensor that goes off. After seeing other vehicles with the license plate there, the asymmetry of the license plate off to one side throws off the balance of the look. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

·
Registered
12 Posts
So far not even a second look for my missing front plate. I see a lot of Corvettes, BMW’s, and others driving without front plates. I’ll BS if I am stopped and tell them there was no mounting available when it was delivered. Why we require 2 plates in Illinois is beyond my understanding....

·
Registered
3 Posts
For the Genesis GV80, In states/countries where the front license plate is required the only place that I have heard you can place the front license plate without having sensors go off is smack dead center of the grille. That is a serious design flaw in my opinion.

It's one of the main reasons why I purchased this vehicle. I really do not wish to get pulled over for not having a front license plate.

Hopefully someone here might know a solution for the proper placement of the front license plate without having the sensors for the GV80 go off.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My sentiments, exactly, also I ordered a trailer hitch on mine that sticks out like a sore thumb, probably will have to get a specialty shop to fabricate fixes for both flaws, can't believe Genesis would release both( in my mind) flaws, because everything else is near perfect.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts