Genesis GV Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got mine about a month ago and have yet to see another. Like you, I see lots of 70s and 80s but not the 60. I also see the brandmates (EV 6 and Ionity 5) but not a large number of them. I am beginning to see more EVs that aren't Teslas. Yesterday I followed someone in a Volvo C40 for a while. I have seen a few Taycans, a number of ID4s, one BMW IX, a couple of EQSs, a few Rivians and a couple of Lucids. But Teslas still vastly predominate.

I don't know about the dealer's allocations but I did ask about ordering instead of taking the one off the lot and he said the order book was not open. Could have just been a salesman making sure he completed the sale that day. I did not mind because I liked the one he had: Vik Black on the outside and white/grey on the inside. I did decide that the cream colored carpets would not stand up to Arizona dirt so I ordered a set of OEM black carpets and replaced the cream ones. The black actually looks really good and matches up with the black carpet in the rear bay.

· Registered
7 Posts
I don't know about the dealer's allocations but I did ask about ordering instead of taking the one off the lot and he said the order book was not open. Could have just been a salesman making sure he completed the sale that day.
I was told to expect up to a 2 year wait and they couldn't take deposits or even put me on any official waiting list. I did find one at a dealer that was ordered and then refused, so I bought that one. I think that is happening more since they had to be ordered back when the economy was good and interest rates were low. Now the cars arrive and the interest rates are high; not just cars but mortgages too. What you were told about the order book not being open was/is true. For how long? Nobody knows.

· Premium Member
2021 Genesis GV80 3.5T AWD Advanced Plus
235 Posts
You willing to say what forum? When I started to consider the GV60 as a viable car I looked around and this was the best at the time, and the only one where people were posting pictures.
That would not be fair to this forum. Google is your friend. (Well, not really, but in this instance it is. o_O )

· Registered
96 Posts
I was told to expect up to a 2 year wait and they couldn't take deposits or even put me on any official waiting list. I did find one at a dealer that was ordered and then refused, so I bought that one. I think that is happening more since they had to be ordered back when the economy was good and interest rates were low. Now the cars arrive and the interest rates are high; not just cars but mortgages too. What you were told about the order book not being open was/is true. For how long? Nobody knows.
I had orders on the VW ID4 and Nissan Ariya but decided against both when the time came. VW isn't fully baked imo and the Nissan, though very nice is overpriced relative to what will be 2 years from now after the next wave of sub 30k EV's and very very nice 35K ev's.
What is now a 50-60k EV will be hard pressed to sell for more than 40k very soon. JMO

1 - 13 of 13 Posts