Genesis GV70 Forum & GV80 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 3.5 prestige and it started giving me a message to check limited slip differential. I have taken it to dealer who says the parts they need are nationwide back order with no eta. So my car is sitting at the dealership with no resolution. And to make it worse. They want to put me in an Altima for what could be months while I’m paying for a GV70. I’m less than thrilled. I love the GV70 but this is completely unacceptable.
Has the issue been resolved? what was the problem exactly so i can tell my dealer-- I just got a whole new computer but still has the warning

·
Registered
7 Posts
Update: Car has been at the dealership for 2 months waiting for the "part to come in". Called Customer service. Called the dealership. Nobody cares!
Worst buying experience for us. At this point, want our money back and look for something different. Don't buy the AWD drive model until Genesis admits they have a problem and has the parts to fix it!
Has the problem been resolved? exactly what was the part needed? They just replaced my computer and did NOT fix the Check Slip Differential warning

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 3.5 prestige and it started giving me a message to check limited slip differential. I have taken it to dealer who says the parts they need are nationwide back order with no eta. So my car is sitting at the dealership with no resolution. And to make it worse. They want to put me in an Altima for what could be months while I’m paying for a GV70. I’m less than thrilled. I love the GV70 but this is completely unacceptable.
Has the issue been resolved? what exactly did they do to resolve? Mine is going back into shop for 3rd time and the computer being replaced did NOT fix the problem 4K miles

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've had our GV70 for 5K miles and we are getting the "Check Limited Slip Differential" on the vehicle display. When you turn the vehicle off the notice goes away. Took it to the dealership. Notice did not come up when at the dealership. The computer did not register the code. I showed the the picture I took with the phone. They are waiting to get a loaner car to keep the vehicle. 70K car and the computer doesn't save the error code! Not happy with my initial ownership experiences of this vehicle.
Has the issue been resolved? what exactly did it take to resolve? Mine going back in for 3rd time after in 2 weeks to replace the computer and within 3 days 50 miles warning back on. Dealer not sure the problem to know how to fix..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well glad to hear they got it fixed. It sounds like they might have gotten a bad batch of them, I hope the one that they used for the repair wasn't from the same batch! Best of luck moving forward. Other than this issue I love my GV70. Have a great weekend.
Mine going in for 3rd time " Check Limited Slip Differential" after replacing entire computer- total 4K miles. I was just reading this forum when my service manager called and told him of this forum and everyone mostly says the Actuator maybe the problem-- so did this fix yours??

·
Registered
50 Posts
Not
lol really? There are plenty of cars out there that compete with the GV70. They are available for purchase.
Not true. Inventory here in Phoenix on anything comparable is non-existent due to chip/Corona panic shortage. If your not ordering a BMW, Lexus, Porsche etc and willing to wait 6 months you ain't getting it..

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yes and some time ago you could walk onto a car lot and actually have a choice in purchases like a normal pre-covid world. I would never buy a new car and halve to ship it. Much can go wrong loading and un-loading vehicles. If I'm not able to drive the actual car I am buying no sale for me..

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yes and some time ago you could walk onto a car lot and actually have a choice in purchases like a normal pre-covid world. I would never buy a new car and halve to ship it. Much can go wrong loading and un-loading vehicles. If I'm not able to drive the actual car I am buying no sale for me..
Thats why you paid over sticker for your prestige at a time when I was offered the prestige for 2600 below sticker. Good thing you didnt get your car shipped or else your ELSD may have failed, oh wait.... Moreover, you dont even know where the OP lives, they may be plenty of BMW's available. Genesis needs to stop with this nonsense and step up to the plate.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Delusional loser.. Are you the same genius who said the chip shortage was going to be over 6 months ago?
It is over. You just dont know how to shop. Are you the same looser who paid 10k over msrp and a one pay least to boot? I was offered 2600 of msrp on a prestige at the time you were paying 10k over like a real sucker. When I saw you were having elsd problems and ranting like a lunatic about them my heart filled with joy. You and I both know they didnt put your car back together correctly. The drive is just not the same - and you pay 1k a month for it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Wow....the chip shortage is "over".. Dude. Wake up. Your the same loser who was saying that it was" over" at the other forum 4 months ago until they laughed you off.. Chip shortage will affect car sales for another year.. your just wrong.

FYI I paid sticker for my S/P in June which is now a screaming deal due to the chip/china shortage that you you chose to ignore. If you live anywhere near a big city with car lots take drive buy..

This is the problem with this country.. half the people say water is wet... and the other have look for an excuse...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Wow....the chip shortage is "over".. Dude. Wake up. Your the same loser who was saying that it was" over" at the other forum 4 months ago until they laughed you off.. Chip shortage will affect car sales for another year.. your just wrong.

FYI I paid sticker for my S/P in June which is now a screaming deal due to the chip/china shortage that you you chose to ignore. If you live anywhere near a big city with car lots take drive buy..

This is the problem with this country.. half the people say water is wet... and the other have look for an excuse...
You didn't pay sticker you paid over sticker because they added a bunch of crap that you purchased along with it and justified the price by doing a one pay lease. By paying ahead of inflation you actually lost a ton of money. Moreover MSRP is not a screaming deal if you're not a sucker I know how to shop you can easily get MSRP. Not everyone is as impulsive as you are. Go back to the other forum. I'm there too under several aliases.
Bottom line is you're overpaying for the car and not even getting to use it because it failed within a few months. They put you in a loaner for a couple of months and you admitted that when they put it back together it didn't feel right. So basically you can't enjoy this expensive car you're driving and that makes me happy.

·
Registered
50 Posts
You're not your. Deficient in basic grammar. I'm not the one who overpaid for a lemon that doesn't drive right after extensive repair. Must feel really crappy to make that 1k monthly payment for a defective Hyundai.
Wrong again. I paid MSRP which in todays market is a screaming deal. I could buy out the lease today and turn a 10k profit on this car. What world are you living in man? People are paying well over sticker for just about anything. There are simply no cars due to the chip shortage. Are you the guy who in the other forum said there was no chip crisis and that it would be over months ago? I think that must have been you.

As far as the rear diff failing yes that was a real bummer. Thats the risk one takes on a new model. The good news is my dealer took car of me and Genesis cut me a check for the 2 months it was off the road. I drove a new GV80 for those 2 months. I've put 2k miles on it since the repair and it's fine.

What are you rolling in these days?

·
Registered
2022 Genesis GV70 Sport Prestige 3.5T AWD in Vic Black with Black Interior
11 Posts
Well, the eLSD error has bitten me as well. My 3.5 Sport Prestige is currently in the shop. Genesis says to replace the eLSD actuator, there are two of them, one on the transmission and one on the eLSD, oddly doing the same thing but they are two completely different parts. Well of course they shipped the wrong one. And my vehicle is now sitting at the dealership in a state of disassembly, and they don’t want to put it all back together again because of the extensive nature of the disassembly, Interior in the back is removed, entire exhaust is removed, rear drive shaft is removed, and the pumpkin (eLSD) is sitting on a support stand.

they are trying to find the correct actuator (apparently there are none, or a new eLSD assembly). Also, the fluid in the eLSD is a hard to come by commodity. They gave me a G80
As a loaner, so that is fine, but it is a bit of a CZf all the way around. Dealership has been great, but they are also stuck between a rock and a hard place as well with parts availability.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Sorry you have to go through what I had to go through. This is a major issue on this vehicle and some on the forums want to minimize it as " only being a few cars" which is a load of crap. They should have issued a TSB or at least a recall to check the fluid in the differential by now but they won't do that because they don't want to throw that much shade on their new halo vehicle and they can't guarantee that they can get the parts to fix it. It's a big problem. It's the drive train and as you said the whole rear end of the car has to be torn apart. My entire rear unit was replaced including the "pumpkin". The whole process was a 2 solid months !

My dealer/service people handled it as well as they could and kept me in good loaners starting with a g70 , then upgraded to a g80. I have a bad back injury and requested any SUV even if it was a Hyundai. They eventually got me into a brand new GV80 for the last month. The parts finally tricked in and the put it back together. They did a ceramic coating to ease my pain and over all they did the best they could. This is just an awful time to have this major a repair on a brand new model due to this China/Covid/chip/supply issue. I've put 3000 miles on mine since the repair and so far so good but as much as I like this vehicle it has put a little stink on it. Best of luck on yours..

21 - 40 of 69 Posts