Genesis GV Forums banner
21 - 40 of 71 Posts
I just bought my GV80 yesterday. The dealer told me I was the first customer in the USA. It's a black prestige model and I paid 5k over sticker. Another dealer wanted 10k over sticker. There were 3 other people at the dealer the same time as me trying to buy the same car.

Have officially defected from further GV80 pursuits. As expected, the dealer markup (located in Georgia) on this new SUV entry into the USA market no longer makes this vehicle a competitive luxury "value brand" as originally and currently marketed. My excitement and anticipation was very high and had pre-ordered a GV80 Prestige option back in late March. This would have been 4th Genesis vehicle purchased dating back to rollout in 2015 (all G80's). Last week I custom ordered a new 2021 BMW X5 xDrive40i (fully loaded) for less money than GV80 Prestige and currently being built for delivery before year end. Incentives were too good to pass up. Disappointed in Genesis and their dealer network. But not surprised nor unexpected based on history of Telluride rollout. In the end, Genesis has lost this previous loyal customer. Oh well... This has been a great forum. Special thanks to this forum and blessings to all during the holiday season. Looking forward to 2021.

I'mE="GV80FAN, post: 1815, member: 407"]
Have officially defected from further GV80 pursuits. As expected, the dealer markup (located in Georgia) on this new SUV entry into the USA market no longer makes this vehicle a competitive luxury "value brand" as originally and currently marketed. My excitement and anticipation was very high and had pre-ordered a GV80 Prestige option back in late March. This would have been 4th Genesis vehicle purchased dating back to rollout in 2015 (all G80's). Last week I custom ordered a new 2021 BMW X5 xDrive40i (fully loaded) for less money than GV80 Prestige and currently being built for delivery before year end. Incentives were too good to pass up. Disappointed in Genesis and their dealer network. But not surprised nor unexpected based on history of Telluride rollout. In the end, Genesis has lost this previous loyal customer. Oh well... This has been a great forum. Special thanks to this forum and blessings to all during the holiday season. Looking forward to 2021.
[/QUOTE]
I'm purchasing mine in New Jersey and my pricing is already locked in for manufactured suggested retail price. That is very disconcerning that other dealerships are and can do this.

mansamusa - good for you if you achieved locked in MSRP pricing at time of reservation. Hope you've got that in writing. I say this because per the Reservation T&C's, "Your submission of a reservation request does not guarantee a price for the GV80. DEALERS SET THE ACTUAL PRICE WHICH MAY DIFFER FROM THE MANUFACTURER’S SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE."
... Here's the link to the Reservation Terms and Conditions for those that didn't save or perhaps didn't fully read the limitations (particularly regarding pricing).

Hello everyone, my local genesis dealer, genesis of newnan has 8 gv80s, mostly prestige packages. They are in uyuni white, Alta white, vik black, grey, and Cardiff green, and Gold Coast silver. They are giving 4,000 markup which is one of the lowest markups in the country.

Yes, dealers are marking up $5,000 to $10,000. Although it looks like a great vehicle, I’ve given up my reservation and am moving on to the GLE.
I am not going to give up mine. My local dealer is marking up the gv80 4,000. No matter how much I like the gle, I just would like to try something different. Beside the originals. You have to try to negotiate. Never give up!

mansamusa - good for you if you achieved locked in MSRP pricing at time of reservation. Hope you've got that in writing. I say this because per the Reservation T&C's, "Your submission of a reservation request does not guarantee a price for the GV80. DEALERS SET THE ACTUAL PRICE WHICH MAY DIFFER FROM THE MANUFACTURER’S SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE."
... Here's the link to the Reservation Terms and Conditions for those that didn't save or perhaps didn't fully read the limitations (particularly regarding pricing).

I sure did.

Congrats on the X5, really a great car. If I had to do this car buying experience again, I wouldn't have waited and I would have been just as happy with a Mercedes gle43,53, or 63

Congrats on the X5, really a great car. If I had to do this car buying experience again, I wouldn't have waited and I would have been just as happy with a Mercedes gle43,53, or 63
Thank you Gen1GV80 - Congrats to you as well. Appears you are now the official GV80 trailblazer for this forum. All the best. Enjoy your new GV80.

Thank you Gen1GV80 - Congrats to you as well. Appears you are now the official GV80 trailblazer for this forum. All the best. Enjoy your new GV80.
Thanks. My intention is just to help provide information by a retail customer who uses the GV80 as a daily driver and hopefully soon share experiences and information with other drivers. I already did the clear bra, tinted the windows and ceramic coated the paint. My interior looks too white, so I bought some ceramic liquid coating for the leather.

Spent a better part of 4 hours today hitting AutoTrader CarGurus and cars.com. probably spoke to 17 or 18 dealerships all over the country.
Surprise that I found quite a few cars for sale on the lot ! Most are selling the day that they hit the market but surprised how many didn't have pre-ordered sales.The highest markup over MSRP 15,000 in California 11,000 over in New Jersey.
Found prestige Himalayan Gray beige black for MSRP.
Sign the paperwork tomorrow vehicle will be here in two weeks.
My original order gold coast silver prestige beige black just got pushed back to February.
Found several dealers who were willing to sell them at MSRP but they're in the smaller markets.
I'm not willing to spend over MSRP . A year to 18 months from now will be selling them $2,000 under MSRP.
It's great to be one of the first people in the country to own it but like everything new that will fade pretty fast in my opinion.

Spent a better part of 4 hours today hitting AutoTrader CarGurus and cars.com. probably spoke to 17 or 18 dealerships all over the country.
Surprise that I found quite a few cars for sale on the lot ! Most are selling the day that they hit the market but surprised how many didn't have pre-ordered sales.The highest markup over MSRP 15,000 in California 11,000 over in New Jersey.
Found prestige Himalayan Gray beige black for MSRP.
Sign the paperwork tomorrow vehicle will be here in two weeks.
My original order gold coast silver prestige beige black just got pushed back to February.
Found several dealers who were willing to sell them at MSRP but they're in the smaller markets.
I'm not willing to spend over MSRP . A year to 18 months from now will be selling them $2,000 under MSRP.
It's great to be one of the first people in the country to own it but like everything new that will fade pretty fast in my opinion.
Great information and awesome research. Love the feedback. I was the first in the USA and paid 5k over, but am anxious to hear from other buyers their experiences.

I was very lucky I left a deposit 3 months ago and was given a price. I'm in Puerto Rico which has a high car tax, almost the same as Canada. I already have a VIN, was approved financing yesterday and i'm supposed to get delivery of a Blue Base GV80 with Vanilla/Black interiors this Saturday 12 after many delays. The are getting in total 22 GV80's arriving and they all have markups now, only 4 were spoken for at MSRP plus tax. Here we have a boutique Genesis Dealer that inaugurated 8-9 months ago inside the Mall, like Tesla does but way more upscale. Hyundai dealers are not allowed to sell Genesis anymore so I guess It does gives it an exclusivity factor here in the island. One thing I didn't like and I don't know if is the same in Canada is we only get 1yr complementary maintenance and the mainland gets 3 years. One last thing, I have already tried their service center (I own a G80 also) and prices were on par with other luxury brands, as to say expensive.

I was very lucky I left a deposit 3 months ago and was given a price. I'm in Puerto Rico which has a high car tax, almost the same as Canada. I already have a VIN, was approved financing yesterday and i'm supposed to get delivery of a Blue Base GV80 with Vanilla/Black interiors this Saturday 12 after many delays. The are getting in total 22 GV80's arriving and they all have markups now, only 4 were spoken for at MSRP plus tax. Here we have a boutique Genesis Dealer that inaugurated 8-9 months ago inside the Mall, like Tesla does but way more upscale. Hyundai dealers are not allowed to sell Genesis anymore so I guess It does gives it an exclusivity factor here in the island. One thing I didn't like and I don't know if is the same in Canada is we only get 1yr complementary maintenance and the mainland gets 3 years. One last thing, I have already tried their service center (I own a G80 also) and prices were on par with other luxury brands, as to say expensive.
Great information 💁‍♀️

I was very lucky I left a deposit 3 months ago and was given a price. I'm in Puerto Rico which has a high car tax, almost the same as Canada. I already have a VIN, was approved financing yesterday and i'm supposed to get delivery of a Blue Base GV80 with Vanilla/Black interiors this Saturday 12 after many delays. The are getting in total 22 GV80's arriving and they all have markups now, only 4 were spoken for at MSRP plus tax. Here we have a boutique Genesis Dealer that inaugurated 8-9 months ago inside the Mall, like Tesla does but way more upscale. Hyundai dealers are not allowed to sell Genesis anymore so I guess It does gives it an exclusivity factor here in the island. One thing I didn't like and I don't know if is the same in Canada is we only get 1yr complimentary maintenance and the mainland gets 3 years. One last thing, I have already tried their service center (I own a G80 also) and prices were on par with other luxury brands, as to say expensive.
In Canada, it comes with complimentary maintenance for 5 years with valet service and a loaner car.

21 - 40 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.