Genesis GV70 Forum & GV80 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
  1. When in a turn lane and there are multiple lanes turning, the blind spot alert goes off constantly.
  2. When changing lanes and there is a car 2-3 lanes over, it still alerts like there is a car in my blind spot.
  3. Sitting at a stop light, the parking sensors beep and the cameras pop up on the screen, but nothing is there
  4. The auto engine shutoff gas saver -- this is the worst thing ever created. It's not saving any gas, but it is damaging your car. Why does this feature turn itself back on every time I start the car? -- It is bad for the starter, the turbos, the gear box.. all for what, save 2oz of fuel over a month? Stop at a stop sign, car shuts off, pull into my garage, car shuts off, then it starts back up when I hit park just to turn it back off again. If traffic on my morning commute, it will turn itself off and on probably 200 times if I don't turn it off... PLEASE GENESIS, when I turn it off please leave it off. I shouldn't have to changes settings every time I drive my car. At least make it wait a couple seconds to shut off the engine instead of as soon as the wheels stop. My Highlander has you press harder on the brake if you want the engine to shut off and it's no where near as jarring when it restarts. The genesis almost feels like you got rear-ended when it restarts This annoyance alone is about to make me trade this beautiful SUV in for something else
  5. The infotainment screen takes entirely too long to boot up and you don't need to mother me about being safe every time I start my car.
  6. LKA and LFA -- I really want to like these, but they are dangerous. It sometimes swerves you into another lane for no apparent reason. If someone starts drifting into your lane and you move over a little, it tries to turn you back into them. It tries to force you to turn into a corner way too early and doesn't stop trying to fight you. Sometimes I get the impression that the car is actively trying to kill me -- especially on narrow, rural roads. I now know exactly what caused Tiger Woods' crash....
  7. This is not just Genesis, but companies need to stop trying to be nannies. If someone in my car wants to play a song, they should be able to connect to the Bluetooth without pulling over first. It's far more dangerous for me to be handing a long cable to the backseat than it is pairing bluetooth.... A passenger should be able to enter an address into the nav without a company telling me they can't
  8. The ambient lighting only changes the color of the little stripe on the dash, the floor lights stay bright white

·
Registered
11 Posts
  1. When in a turn lane and there are multiple lanes turning, the blind spot alert goes off constantly.
  2. When changing lanes and there is a car 2-3 lanes over, it still alerts like there is a car in my blind spot.
  3. Sitting at a stop light, the parking sensors beep and the cameras pop up on the screen, but nothing is there
  4. The auto engine shutoff gas saver -- this is the worst thing ever created. It's not saving any gas, but it is damaging your car. Why does this feature turn itself back on every time I start the car? -- It is bad for the starter, the turbos, the gear box.. all for what, save 2oz of fuel over a month? Stop at a stop sign, car shuts off, pull into my garage, car shuts off, then it starts back up when I hit park just to turn it back off again. If traffic on my morning commute, it will turn itself off and on probably 200 times if I don't turn it off... PLEASE GENESIS, when I turn it off please leave it off. I shouldn't have to changes settings every time I drive my car. At least make it wait a couple seconds to shut off the engine instead of as soon as the wheels stop. My Highlander has you press harder on the brake if you want the engine to shut off and it's no where near as jarring when it restarts. The genesis almost feels like you got rear-ended when it restarts This annoyance alone is about to make me trade this beautiful SUV in for something else
  5. The infotainment screen takes entirely too long to boot up and you don't need to mother me about being safe every time I start my car.
  6. LKA and LFA -- I really want to like these, but they are dangerous. It sometimes swerves you into another lane for no apparent reason. If someone starts drifting into your lane and you move over a little, it tries to turn you back into them. It tries to force you to turn into a corner way too early and doesn't stop trying to fight you. Sometimes I get the impression that the car is actively trying to kill me -- especially on narrow, rural roads. I now know exactly what caused Tiger Woods' crash....
  7. This is not just Genesis, but companies need to stop trying to be nannies. If someone in my car wants to play a song, they should be able to connect to the Bluetooth without pulling over first. It's far more dangerous for me to be handing a long cable to the backseat than it is pairing bluetooth.... A passenger should be able to enter an address into the nav without a company telling me they can't
  8. The ambient lighting only changes the color of the little stripe on the dash, the floor lights stay bright white
#4 Use a plastic bread wrapper tab to disable stop/start.
Automotive exterior Bumper Vehicle Vehicle door Gas
Automotive exterior Bumper Vehicle Vehicle door Gas

·
Registered
2021 Genesis GV80 3.5T AWD Advanced Plus
149 Posts
Turn LKA off; use bread tab as above; use turn signal to change lanes; I do NOT want any passenger trying to 'muck' with my car/settings. Use voice control, if need be, while in motion. You might try a reset (push Map & Setup together until screen resets) to see if anything improves. DO NOT use LKA on 2 lane roads---too dangerous.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the bread tab idea! I will be doing that today. I do use turn signals to change lanes, the alerts still sound off. The forward collision alarm and emergency steering are also way too sensitive. Way too often, when approaching a car that is turning the seatbelt pretensioners pull me back into the seat and it slams on the brakes.

I agree, I turn off the LFA and LKA. They are not nearly as refined as other manufacturers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts