Genesis GV Forums banner

Muffler noise

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Lee'sGenesis 
#1 ·
I recently was in an accident and my muffler was damaged. After it was repaired I noticed the muffler made a noticeable noise when the car is cold. After driving for about 5 to 10 minutes, the noise always goes away.

I took it to the dealer to report the problem, they service department said there was nothing wrong with the muffler and that this was a common experience with GV mufflers.

This doesn't really sit well. Anyone have experience with muffler noise?

#2 ·
I recently was in an accident and my muffler was damaged. After it was repaired I noticed the muffler made a noticeable noise when the car is cold. After driving for about 5 to 10 minutes, the noise always goes away.

I took it to the dealer to report the problem, they service department said there was nothing wrong with the muffler and that this was a common experience with GV mufflers.

This doesn't really sit well. Anyone have experience with muffler noise?
No noise here... I have the 3.5T.
Valved exhausts, like those on the G70 may make some noise when cold, but not the GV70's.

#4 ·
This is quite easy to resolve.
I would call Genesis Dealer parts and ask them for the part # of the specific muffler, and where it would be located on the part itself.
Explain the accident and your concern and I'm sure they'll help you.

But first, I would suggest (ONLY WHEN THE CAR IS COLD) you bang on the muffler and see if you can replicate the sound.... if you CAN, the muffler is most certainly bad - period. I fact, the material in the muffler to reduce sound has likely broken apart, and could cause problems down the road, especially if it lodges somewhere it might increase back pressure to the engine....
That's NOT a good thing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.