Genesis GV70 Forum & GV80 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, with the help of some of you guys here, I finally was able to get the color (Matterhorn White Matte/Sevilla Red) I wanted from a Washington (out of state dealer). I know nothing about buying a new car. Is there anything I need to keep in mind?

1. Can I ask the dealer to throw in some accessories? What would they be?
2. The dealer has been asking me if I'd be interested in getting the clear bra. Is it good to get one done? What did you guys end up paying for that?
3. What's a template for clear bra? I read some discussions with and without it.
4. Anything else that I should take care of before hitting the road?
Edit: Added color

·
Registered
12 Posts
I got semi-educated fairly quickly on ceramic coating and window tints, but didn't ask questions about the clear bra since I'm getting a matte paint color. My guess is it's a great idea to protect against road debris. I wouldn't have the dealer do it, as their mark up is outrageous. Find a local company if you're in a Nextdoor group or a local facebook group that is helpful with everything under the sun. Sorry I can't be of more help.

·
Registered
14 Posts
1. Floor mats and rear cargo cover - not sure if included for North America buyers. Is included in Korea
2. No need for clear bras especially on a white car. Will just leave a yellowed fascia as vehicle ages
3. See #2
4. Ceramic coating is recommended or a Paint Protection Film (PPF). In contrast to the clear bra for front, if the entire vehicle is covered by PPF, discoloration will not be noticeable. PPF won't discolor however.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1. Floor mats and rear cargo cover - not sure if included for North America buyers. Is included in Korea
2. No need for clear bras especially on a white car. Will just leave a yellowed fascia as vehicle ages
3. See #2
4. Ceramic coating is recommended or a Paint Protection Film (PPF). In contrast to the clear bra for front, if the entire vehicle is covered by PPF, discoloration will not be noticeable. PPF won't discolor however.
Thank you very much. I, now, understand what a clear bra or PPF is. Any idea how much it would cost to get PPF? Sorry, I still did not understand what a template is?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thank you very much. I, now, understand what a clear bra or PPF is. Any idea how much it would cost to get PPF? Sorry, I still did not understand what a template is?
A template is a pattern or guide to cut the material to fit the exact car. As for PPF, I've got several quotes that range up from $400-$1100 for the full body, not including the windows and number of years warrantied makes a difference. You need to find people in your area to get quotes from.

·
Registered
14 Posts
For PPF, make sure to know the brand they use. Xpel and Stek seem to be the popular ones and obviously 3M, the big corporation makes them too.

As for pricing, $400-$1100 seems cheap even if its in USD. Here in Canada, a full body Xpel PPF was something like CAD$4000+ for a Cayman GT4 which is a smaller car and in theory, use less material. However, that was 4 years ago and prices could have changed since, haven't kept an eye on the market.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So the dealer is not throwing in anything. He says I'll have to pay up for all of those. I think there is decent demand for these cars since they are new. And for me to be able to buy at MSRP is still a big deal because we have markups from 5-10k in CA.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts