Genesis GV70 Forum & GV80 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, it has been fantastic to read everyones posts on this forum and hearing from other GV80 owners.

I'm from the UK, working in Seoul, and a soon-to-be GV80 driver. We recently had our second child and my current KIA Sportage is simply too small, especially when my wife needs to squeeze into the middle back seat because the baby hates being in a car seat so much! (I know the middle seat in the GV80 isn't huge, but it's still roomier than the KIA and my eldest child can soon graduate to the 3rd row and have her own space)
Was toying with an upgrade to the Sorento for a while and didn't even think to check the Genesis prices as I assumed they were too expensive. Like many people on this forum, I was shocked when I realised how much bang you get for your buck!
I haven't been able to book a test drive - this car is SO popular in Seoul. They're everywhere on the roads and the waiting lists are long. Genesis dealerships are simply booked solid for test drives. That being said, the hours and hours of reviews I've watched are very positive on the drive quality and I'm pretty sure I'm going to be satisfied with the step up from a KIA Sportage to a Genesis GV80! This is my first 'luxury' car and I'm not sure how i'm going to be able to wait another 3-4 months for delivery. I cannot wait to take delivery of the car and go for a drive - I'm sure it is going to feel incredible, even at the 2.5L level as opposed to the 3.5L)
The great thing about buying the car in Seoul is the level of customisation one can delve into. I've ordered the following spec:

• Gasoline 2.5 turbo, AWD (snowy and icy roads in Korea in winter)
  • 7 seats
  • 20 inch wheels
  • Cardiff Green exterior with Maroon Brown & Smoky Green interior. Napa leather seats.
  • Driving Assist Package I (not the auto-driving features, but includes self parking, 360 cams, blind spot cam etc)
  • 2nd row comfort package
  • Pano sunroof, built-in front and rear dashcam, side step (to help the kids clamber in).

Screenshot of 'my car' from the website. PLEASE arrive before Christmas!
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

·
Registered
2021 Genesis GV80 3.5T AWD Advanced Plus
58 Posts
Fully aware that the Korean, and other countries, specs are different than our USA specs, but curious to know what "2nd row comfort package" is. All your other specs point to our Advanced Plus trim.

You will love your new GV80, which I think, at this late in the year, will be a 2022 model. Enjoy!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Hi all, it has been fantastic to read everyones posts on this forum and hearing from other GV80 owners.

I'm from the UK, working in Seoul, and a soon-to-be GV80 driver. We recently had our second child and my current KIA Sportage is simply too small, especially when my wife needs to squeeze into the middle back seat because the baby hates being in a car seat so much! (I know the middle seat in the GV80 isn't huge, but it's still roomier than the KIA and my eldest child can soon graduate to the 3rd row and have her own space)
Was toying with an upgrade to the Sorento for a while and didn't even think to check the Genesis prices as I assumed they were too expensive. Like many people on this forum, I was shocked when I realised how much bang you get for your buck!
I haven't been able to book a test drive - this car is SO popular in Seoul. They're everywhere on the roads and the waiting lists are long. Genesis dealerships are simply booked solid for test drives. That being said, the hours and hours of reviews I've watched are very positive on the drive quality and I'm pretty sure I'm going to be satisfied with the step up from a KIA Sportage to a Genesis GV80! This is my first 'luxury' car and I'm not sure how i'm going to be able to wait another 3-4 months for delivery. I cannot wait to take delivery of the car and go for a drive - I'm sure it is going to feel incredible, even at the 2.5L level as opposed to the 3.5L)
The great thing about buying the car in Seoul is the level of customisation one can delve into. I've ordered the following spec:

• Gasoline 2.5 turbo, AWD (snowy and icy roads in Korea in winter)
  • 7 seats
  • 20 inch wheels
  • Cardiff Green exterior with Maroon Brown & Smoky Green interior. Napa leather seats.
  • Driving Assist Package I (not the auto-driving features, but includes self parking, 360 cams, blind spot cam etc)
  • 2nd row comfort package
  • Pano sunroof, built-in front and rear dashcam, side step (to help the kids clamber in).

Screenshot of 'my car' from the website. PLEASE arrive before Christmas!
View attachment 2385
Welcome to the forum @Rambo! Looks like a solid spec for your GV80! Is Genesis still selling the diesel engine in Korea or did they get rid of it? I know last year they had some issues with those engines.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the forum @Rambo! Looks like a solid spec for your GV80! Is Genesis still selling the diesel engine in Korea or did they get rid of it? I know last year they had some issues with those engines.
Still offering the 3.0 Diesel. Diesel cars were extremely popular in recent years here (like many countries) due to the cheaper fuel prices but that's dropped off massively lately. The vast majority of people are buying gasoline cars these days, with EVs growing rapidly.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fully aware that the Korean, and other countries, specs are different than our USA specs, but curious to know what "2nd row comfort package" is. All your other specs point to our Advanced Plus trim.

You will love your new GV80, which I think, at this late in the year, will be a 2022 model. Enjoy!
Thank you! That's right, it's a 2022 model. The 2nd row comfort is more or less identical to 2021 except for these wide head rests being offered now - which aren't going to benefit my kids very much! Haha

Font Darkness Brand Monochrome photography Event

Car Vehicle Automotive design Head restraint Motor vehicle

·
Registered
3 Posts
I guess you need to actually be in Korea to get the 2022s quickly.

I note dash cams on the list - my rep told me 'no way' - which is way too bad - all those built in cameras and I still have to stick a dashcam to the windshield and wire it up to a [power source.

I signed for my GV80 on Friday - here in Canada, if I wanted a 2022 they said I would have had to wait until May for delivery, so I settled for a Green/Tan 3.5 Prestige they had sitting in the showroom, which I get sometime during the upcoming week.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'd have made the same choice - better to have a 2021 this week than wait indefinitely for the 22 with minimal differences! Unfortunately I don't get a choice and must go for the 2022 with the long wait.

Surprised there's no built-in cam option! It would surely be a popular extra and keep everything neat and tidy.

I love the Cardiff Green. I think 80% of GV80s in Seoul are white so I'll enjoy being slightly different. Enjoy yours!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts